casual cruiser, to 3 wheeled bruiser! superbuild!

GoldenMotor.com

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
WELLLLLL. where to begin.....
for the past few days i had been tossing around the idea of a trike build.
Something a little more utlitarian! Something to go and fetch bee.... groceries.

Im starting with this, torn back down. stripped. Did it yesterday, and scrapped mostly everything but the frame :)

so the frame came to work with me and had to have minor surgery preformed from the previous owner mercilessley pounding a seatpost into the tube. Now, a 7" slit down the back of the seattube is all that remains! a little custom chopping at the top and you would never know how many cusses were strewn about the workplace last night during my break lol

this is what we are going to be starting off with ;)

power will be provided by a 66cc PK80 that has been well broken in on last seasons steed equipped with a SBP pipe kit, Maniac Mechanic CNC intake, CNS carburator provided by MotorbikeMike, ADA Racing air filter, A pullstart add on from zoom (which is whom the motor also came from)

Coming as soon as available will also be a Manic Mechanic Head.

As far as what you will see in the coming weeks, will be as follows!

Spookytooth Trike Conversion with a 3 speed shimano nexus hub,
SBP HD shift kit,
20" Mags from choppersus.com
From Pirate Cycles, a triple tree front end, ape hangers, and a BMX style stem.
26" front wheel with a disc brake

The first pictures are below, stay tuned i should be hearing back from pirate very soon and there parts will be some of the first to be installed :)

the.trk Humsuckler

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
the gracious, 3x rebuilt donor bike, it was my first build!

The very dirty powerplant. Estimated milage, 1000+ kms

Freshly Painted after surgery and sitting ready for some parts!

The color is "safety blue"

hot rodder

Jan 23, 2009
Hayden ID.
i dont see the need for a shift kit, you can run the chain on peddle side to a free wheel sprocket mounted on the trike axle, then use the 3 speed hub as your shift kit mount a sprocket on the motor side of the hub and make it the same size as the peddle side sprocket that would make it 1 to 1 and then run what every size sprocket on trike axle

good luck with four trike
trike rear.JPG

trike 2.JPG

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
haha thats pretty cool man!

in case your wondering, my trike project has been put off untill god knows when. i have a million other bikes accumulating that i need to do something with lol

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
Actually my usnername originated when i was explainging to an old friend (who knew me to be notoriously involved in motorizing everything and ANYTHING) that i had built this 40kmh two stroke gas powered bicycle.

his reply was as follows "wow 40kmh. thats humsucklin'er on a bicycle!" LOL