How about a frame that's not exactly round...?

GoldenMotor.com

NerpAngel

Sep 28, 2009
Ellensburg,WA
I've got another (better) bike that I want to mount my engine to but i'm a complete noob when it comes to finding parts and all that jazz myself. I had previously mounted my engine onto an older bike of mine with a perfect round frame and everything is good, but I'd like my engine to be on my newer, (lets say safer) bike haha. I've tried searching the forums for different mounts but none seem to help me with this situation. The bike is an '08 Trek 4300, and it may look 'mountable' from the side, but from the top, the bottom part of the v frame gets wider as it goes up to the handle bars (so it's more oval then round). Get what I mean?

NerpAngel

Sep 28, 2009
Ellensburg,WA
I like that U-bolt idea! Think there is a U-bolt that will fit snug around my awkward oval v frame?
And since you are just SO kind, :), do you know where the thread is that describes how to extend the intake? Because I know once I mount this, I won't have room for my carb, so I'm going to have to offset it to the right, below my seat. Thanks!!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The distance from the seat tube to the carburetor shouldn't change so there probably won't be a need for an offset intake. From the rear mount to the seat tube will not be effected by the modified front mount. I could be wrong but judging from your photos, I don't think so.
Tom