Museum of Springfield History

GoldenMotor.com

TRAX

Nov 4, 2008
CT
With the bad weather on the east cost I'm not doing much if any riding, so to get a fix I spent this Saturday with the wife and kids at the "the Springfield Museums Quadrangle" they have four museums there all are great but one of them is the new Museum of Springfield History. snipet from the site "The new Museum of Springfield History opened in the fall of 2009. Exhibits describe Springfield's development as a manufacturing center, the city's role in transportation history." They have a great exhibit running now of "The Esta Manthos Indian Motorcycle Collection" including Board Trackers and Motorized Bicycles. If you have a chance you should check them out it's great to be able to get up close to these beautiful machines. We all had a great time.

TRAX

Attachments

dmar836

Jun 23, 2009
KC
Is it me or does the early blue bike look like someone painted the rear rim with the tire on?!
Dave
KC

TRAX

Nov 4, 2008
CT
Now that you mention it, it kinda looks like that in the photo. I don't remember it looking like it had been in person though. this one was behind glass so it might just be my photography skills (or lack of). Or maybe they were worried about damaging them by taking them off (dry Rot and all). The red board tracker has a split in the tread of the front tire opposite the valve steam (hard to see on photo)

Here is another picture of it.

Attachments

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
I really like the Rambler design,long wheel base and motor behind the crank out of the way