Specialized Hard Rock Pro 2009

GoldenMotor.com

sweetlikealemon

Oct 17, 2009
UK
Hi all

My first post.

Just in the process of building a 60cc in frame kit into a Specialized Hard Rock Pro 2009. I wrote a nice progress diary, but it said it could be SPAM. So I will post it again when I am an Active member.

Ed

sweetlikealemon

Oct 17, 2009
UK
Story so far.

I have fitted 60cc kit into 19 inch frame, which has a weird shape.

Bottom mount is a bit skew, will post a pic when I can. Should I just bulk up with rubber mount or something?

Rear mount not quite a snug fit, bit straight, maybe use some rubber here too.

Homemade rear disc mount sprocket.
I drilled out using disc as a template on top of kit sprocket. Used disc over the top of sprocket for extra rigidity. Will buy a kings sales and service soon.

Chain is touching rear bars, any ideas?

Ed

Last edited:

pedro5189

Jan 21, 2008
England
kick the sprocket toward the wheel with a kings top hat adaptor, or if you have access to machines have one knocked up.

sweetlikealemon

Oct 17, 2009
UK
Thanks, just placed an order for the Kings Sales and Service

1/4 inch offset Top Hat and 3/16 inch offset 34t sprocket.

Ed

sweetlikealemon

Oct 17, 2009
UK
An updated pic of my Specialized with a 60cc. Been running for around 200 miles.

No issues, smiles every mile and of course "The Look" everywhere I go.

I am STILL waiting for Top Hat and New sprocket, so at the moment I have a non disc brake wheel and not running a rear brake :(

sweetlikealemon

Oct 17, 2009
UK
All

Not been on here for a while. I have been motoring for around 1500 miles so far.

All is well. Just gave her a mini service, regap spark plug, lubed up clutch and a damm good clean with Muc-Off.

Just refitted my summer slicks, I cycle the bike every day so much easier on slicks and it also takes pressure off the motor.

I am now rolling on a Hope Floating front rotor, 203mm, awesome stopping power! You need it, the bike easily does 35mph.

I also have a Kings Sales & Service Top Hat Adapter and 39T sprocket. I am running a rear disc brake on top of the top hat. Plenty of griding, shimming, more grinding to get it to work. I ended up cutting part of Rear chain stay too! Had to make some custome brackets etc. But it now works very well!

I am next going to start looking at slight performance mods, more for the looks such as exhaust, filter, better spark plugs etc.

Ed brnot

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az
nice, I built that same specialized a while back and i like it, i used a U-bolt for the front mount and took the rear mount and wallowed it out with a grinder until it fit just right, i also cut dow the seat tube about an inch and re-slit it so it would still clamp the post, i have got 500 miles on it and i love it, thats a nice bike and welcome to the forum

Masterm222

Feb 14, 2009
Billings, Montana
I am just finishing up a HardRock build. Turned out great! Got to love the shift kit but still deciding on what exhaust to use. Stock exhaust is far to restrictive! All of my motor mounts are made from exhaust clamps with a curved steel backing to spread the load on the aluminium frame. I also use a sound insulator pad between the steel clamp and the frame.

Attachments

Last edited:

Masterm222

Feb 14, 2009
Billings, Montana
The Hardrock showed up at the house today so I could finalize the expansion chamber exhaust I put on it. He already has 365 miles on it and has only had it for a month.

ohjasony

Apr 2, 2011
California
Hey Guys,

I was just wondering what size frames are all your bikes? It looks pretty tight in your 19". I just got a Hardrock 17.5" and was wondering if the motor would fit inside? Any opinions?

sweetlikealemon

Oct 17, 2009
UK
My 60cc engine has very little room in the 19inch frame. mostly the carb is issue. So 17.5 would be tough I reckon. Maybe try and make a cardboard template on the engine and fit in. P.s. I now have sbp expansion exhaust, air filter, ngk plug. Upped bolt set too. Now has around 6000 miles. Runs sweet.

ohjasony

Apr 2, 2011
California
^^^ I wish I would have gotten a 19". I really like ur bike man. Please post some new pics of your mods. (Maybe a new youtube vid?) I made a rough template and I don't think the carb is going to fit unless I fabricate it on some how. The engine alone barely fits. Oh well.

sweetlikealemon

Oct 17, 2009
UK
cheers dude. Yeah, I will post some more pics soon. I got a couple of vids around too. you could get a custom inake manifold made and fit a side carb...reckon that would look sweet...although you dont want to make the inlet maifold too long...boost bottle may help if you do.