Would these tires work?

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by TehInteractive, May 10, 2010.

1. TehInteractive

TehInteractive New Member

I was wondering if I could upgrade the cheap tires on this:

Schwinn Landmark

To these:

Kenda tires

I wanted to do mostly city cruising with some mild bike path riding. I was just wondering if I could simply slip the tires off the Landmark, and put these tires on the existing rims. Or would I have to buy new rims?

#1 TehInteractive, May 10, 2010
    Last edited: May 10, 2010
  2. Dave31

Dave31 Moderator
    Staff Member

I believe you should have no problems using those kenda's, what is the width of the stock tires?

3. JTinFL

JTinFL New Member

4. psprat496

psprat496 New Member

We'll it's good too see your upgrading the squishy cheap tires that come with these bikes, but those kendas don't really look like their high quality. I took my wheels to the local bike shop and rapped them in some continental tires. I believe 26x2. Real nice tires and have s*** load of grip.

5. Junster

Junster New Member

If cost isn't a huge factor look at these Servas tires. I have been running them since last year. I have about 300 miles on them and they are barely showing any wear. They grip the road, the inverse tread design has no vibration, they have 5 layers of flat protection. My local bike shop was able to get the 2.0 (2") wide pair for me at $40 each. They are way worth it. The servas ctrb drifter S.

Serfas 2010

(When it's wet going around a corner they make this poka, poka, poka sound from the inverse tread if the pavement is smooth enough. Kinda lets you know the tread is really working)

#5 Junster, May 11, 2010
    Last edited: May 11, 2010
  6. TehInteractive

TehInteractive New Member

Lol, thanks for your input guys. Though I actually went with Kendra Kross Plus, which are the most popular and highest rated tires on biketiresdirect, amazon, and multiple other sites. They're 26x1.95 with a maximum PSI of 65. They're smooth in the center for riding on the road, but knobby on either side for off-road handling, which makes them perfect for bike trails, and they were under $20 each. Plus I bought two Michelin C4 AirSTOP tubes to get these things rolling. I can't be stuck using those generic $3 chinese Schwinn tubes.

I actually just got back from vacation, and I just put my Landmark together. My Skyhawk already shipped out and I can't wait to mount it to this bike. :D

I was only planning on spending like $200 doing this and getting a basic chinese engine and slapping it on a Del Mar from Walmart, but after reading through these forums and looking at the threads about coaster brake horror stories, engines failing, and fenders breaking off, I completely changed the way I'm building this bike. So far I've spent over $400.

I'll be putting some pictures up once I get everything shipped to me.

7. noco

noco New Member

as long as it fits your rim and tube go ahead......pearsonally i go for a more road use tye tread