Would like some finishing advice...

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle Welding, Fabrication and Paintin' started by Waspswatter, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Waspswatter

Waspswatter New Member

Almost finished with my boardtrack "homage". 70's vintage Schwinn frame. I was planning to paint the front forks and the gas tank white, with green striping and lettering on the tank. I didn't like the Schwinn seat at first, but then I thought it'd give it a nice retro look. Now I think a brown leather saddle would make the bike look MUCH more boardtrack, and much less 70's era cruiser.

What do you think?

Attached Files:

2. Fulltimer

Fulltimer New Member

I think the brown saddle would look better. Maybe some brown dye on that saddle? Black rims and spokes? Don't really know.

Terry

3. Waspswatter

Waspswatter New Member

Well, they DO make brown vynyl seat paint. But I'd probably just keep that one original and get a vintage looking leather seat. Does anyone have a good source for vintage looking seats?

4. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

5. Waspswatter

Waspswatter New Member

I'm familiar with the brooks saddles. They're a little spendy for this build. Although, it could end up on a different bike too...

I can't remember where it was , but someone had posted some replica vintage seats for sale. Darn memory anyway.

6. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

#6 GearNut, Sep 18, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2011