Who can be first?

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by toker_ace, Sep 16, 2009.

1. toker_ace

toker_ace Member

Who can be the first to fabricate a ready to go finger throttle for the china girls? That way everyone can get them some nice foam grips! Go!

2. Venice Motor Bikes

Venice Motor Bikes Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

You can slide the foam grips on your throttle!?!? You can use most any grip you want!

3. rockvoice

rockvoice New Member

you can use just about any brake lever for a throttle

4. bairdco

bairdco a guy who makes cool bikes

i was thinking of going for the old ATC thumb throttle. they're super cheap on Ebay. i kinda want to be able to hold onto my bars all the time. i hate hitting bumps at speed and getting squirrely with my throttle.

5. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

Which is exactly why spring loaded twist grip throttles were invented. Gripping the handlebars with a full hand is the best way to have control of your bike. Sharing the duties of throttling and steering isn't the best. I've also seen where guys use a click shifter for a throttle. They say its like having cruise control. In my opinion that's an accident waiting to happen. I want my engine to go to idle when I let go of the grip, not have to reach for and move a lever. You wouldn't do that on a car or motorcycle; why would anyone do that on a motorized bicycle?

Tom

6. Kevlarr

Kevlarr New Member

Exactly. As long as the grip has some stretch to it (like a foam grip) it'll fit over the throttle. Picked up a little tip from a guy at Wally World when I bought my grips. He said to use hairspray on the bars and in the grips and let me tell you it worked GREAT! The grip slipped right over the throttle and after a few minutes it was stuck.

7. bikebert

bikebert New Member

A regular twist throttle in Left Hand would be nice.
    :D