White walls... your tips on cleaning

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by kite surfer, Mar 14, 2016.

1. kite surfer

kite surfer New Member

Getting a good bit of oil spattered on my tire whitewalls. Looking for your tricks, cleaners, and tips on getting them nice and white again, and keeping them that way. I tried a few household cleaners with less than stellar results.

2. Venice Motor Bikes

Venice Motor Bikes Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

Most auto parts stores sell spray cleaner specifically for white wall tires.
    Just read the instructions carefully & remember to wear protective gloves & glasses because that stuff really burns if it touches your skin!!

3. Chaz

Chaz Active Member

I'm a bit old school. I've used sos pads and water to clean and then car wax to help keep the white walls from absorbing any new oil stains.

I haven't tried any of the newer products.

4. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

Ajax or Comet. Use a soft abrasive pad and water. Guaranteed to clean white walls like new.

Tom

5. Allen_Wrench

Allen_Wrench Resident Mad Scientist

I have all-white tires. I just use a spray-bottle of white vinegar and a wash cloth, and I keep a bowl of water next to me to rinse the cloth now and then. Works great for me.

6. bairdco

bairdco a guy who makes cool bikes

Carb cleaner works great. Just don't spray it on your paint. Spray it on a rag and wipe it on.

Or bleche-wite tire cleaner