Which Kit To Choose?

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by SirBen, May 14, 2010.

1. SirBen

SirBen New Member

Greetings motorized bicycle gods!

I would like to get an engine kit, but there are so many to choose from. What would you recommend for an area with a lot of steep hills? Also, how much use can they take? I was thinking of using it to go to a town about 50 miles away on weekends.

Many thanks in advance!

2. mapbike

mapbike Active Member

#2 mapbike, May 14, 2010
    Last edited: May 14, 2010
  3. Cabinfever1977

Cabinfever1977 New Member

I would get a 66cc inframe 2-stroke and you should try out the 44t sprocket that comes stock and if you need more to get up hills get a 50t sprocket, but your top speed will be less. Shiftkits are available to use your bikes gears with the engine.

There are also 4-stroke engine options.

They can takes lots of use if installed propperly and maintained and some riders have ridden many many miles away.

4. SirBen

SirBen New Member

#4 SirBen, May 14, 2010
    Last edited: May 14, 2010
  5. Bikeguy Joe

Bikeguy Joe Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

The difference? One is black, and the other is "natural finish" or silver/grey.

6. Bikeguy Joe

Also, scroll down and read the reviews, they are pretty fair assessment of the Chinese in frame engine kit in general.

7. Bikeguy Joe

P.S., I would stick with 24:1 break in, and 40:1 afterwards with anything but the big buck synthetic oil. The 40:1 vs. 100:1 debate will rage on for as long as there are two stroke engines.

Having said that, I will say this- remember that these china built two stroke engines are of 1940's design pretty much, and running 100: 1 may be a little sketchy for most of them.