Where is Pirate?

GoldenMotor.com

Bikesnfire

Jul 17, 2010
PA
I placed an order on Monday with Pirate and got the usual computer generated order confirmation. Usually the same day I get an order status update from them also with tracking info. As of today nothing has been sent to me. I emailed them twice to check the status with no response. I tried calling them twice with no answer. This is so bizarre since all my past dealings with them have been very prompt with good communication. I hope these guys didn't bite the dust. Anybody know what is going on there?

Bikesnfire

Jul 17, 2010
PA
I'm not freaking out at all over 2 shipping days. The point I'm concerned about is the lack of my order update done in the way Pirate has always done it in the past. They would notify me the same day the order was placed and provide tracking info. Not to forget that their website does advertise same day shipping if placed by a specified time. I understand Monday was a holiday for many, but why no response to emails and a phone that just keeps ringing with no answer. It is not their normal business practice based on my good past experiences with them. I have been operating a bicycle shop for 29 years and am well aware that sometimes things can go wrong with orders. Sometimes orders get placed, but even with the modern technology, they don't get processed. That is why I keep a close eye on everything I order no matter from whom. My customers depend on me for prompt service and answers and I depend on my vendors for the same. I'm a patient person, but I like to be kept informed. I'm not slamming Pirate in any way, just trying to figure out why nobody seems to be around there the past two days at least to answer a simple email. It might be that all my other vendors have me a bit spoiled. So, I'll just sit tight now and wait.

AzToker

Feb 28, 2010
Too Stoned, Az
Eh, probably busy with family or something. Don't sweat it much. I ordered from the 2 weeks ago and they shipped the same day but i didn't get it for 6 days. i blame the post office for that. I am more worry about my order to bikepartusa.com, I havent heard anything in 12 days n no products or email. I believe he will take care of you n have it out asap! Plus 3 orders ago, the post office got my email all wrong n didnt get anything tracking info but here in 3 days.

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
I sent over a few emails to Justin but haven't heard back from him. On the other hand I placed an order for a springer fork and received it within a few days with no issues. He must be busy and someone else is filling the orders. There was no candy in the order this time around.

Bikesnfire

Jul 17, 2010
PA
I'm hoping he is too busy to reply. Coming to think of it, my order last week didn't have the usual candy included. I had to raid my own secret stash.

Crowvise

Feb 14, 2011
York, Pa
Pirate has been nothing short of wonderful for me.
I've used them a couple of times.
First time was a replacement carb for my flying horse(stolen).Last time was for vibration dampeners for my headache(GT5 SkHk). Last time should have been for a billet head & intake but I can't get the motor running. And to think I got the GT5 for it's compatability w/ manic's head, while thinking that it also includes in the price the "CNS" I was going to buy for my Flying Horse.
I was going to buy my 2nd kit from them but they were out of stock.
So I pray to holy h-e-double-hockey sticks(highly offensive/censored word here -apparently women and children are only permitted to hear it in church), that he continues to be around as long this hobby exists.
As for the phone:
you actually got through on the phone? I never did. Though I never bothered to leave a message either. I don't like phone tag.
2 days with a previous excellent track record and you title the post "where is" as if he disappeared instead of "is..."

Crowvise

Feb 14, 2011
York, Pa
Cont. Due to lack of cell phone bit/byte availability:

anyway, it certainly grabbed my attention.
Though I wish it didn't due to the fact that w/ every new web page I download, on this crappy virgin mobile network, it takes up to 5 minutes. Sometimes longer.
So go walk the plank.
(just kidding)

hmiwb

Oct 6, 2009
Missouri
I bought a crank kit from them a couple of weeks ago. It arrived in a timely manner, but yes there was no communication or answers to my email. They could just be very busy.

Bikesnfire

Jul 17, 2010
PA
Pirate has been nothing short of wonderful for me.
I've used them a couple of times.
First time was a replacement carb for my flying horse(stolen).Last time was for vibration dampeners for my headache(GT5 SkHk). Last time should have been for a billet head & intake but I can't get the motor running. And to think I got the GT5 for it's compatability w/ manic's head, while thinking that it also includes in the price the "CNS" I was going to buy for my Flying Horse.
I was going to buy my 2nd kit from them but they were out of stock.
So I pray to holy h-e-double-hockey sticks(highly offensive/censored word here -apparently women and children are only permitted to hear it in church), that he continues to be around as long this hobby exists.
As for the phone:
you actually got through on the phone? I never did. Though I never bothered to leave a message either. I don't like phone tag.
2 days with a previous excellent track record and you title the post "where is" as if he disappeared instead of "is..."

I got an emal notification yesterday that the order was being shipped. So, all is well. However, my concern was the inability to communicate in a timely manner. All previous dealings had same day communication. Unanswered emails and a phone that keeps ringing without being answered was my concern. I thought maybe someone could shed some light if maybe they were on vacation, or some other reason why suddenly their system wasnt working as smoothly as in the past. I did notice now they do have something listed on the website about not answering emails due to moving things around with the business. Had that been posted earlier, I wouldn't have had to ask any questions. Good communication is the key to a smooth business transaction. Like I said before, I wasn't out to spread any negativity against Pirate. Just asked a simple question. I fully intend to keep dealing with them. Now I know, sometimes for whatever reason, not to expect identical processing, etc. on all orders. As a business owner myself, I can understand sometimes things can get a little crazy and hectic.