Where did you get your motor?

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by sofasurferlinux, Jul 22, 2009.

1. sofasurferlinux

sofasurferlinux New Member

I got my 80cc from Powerkingshop on ebay. Paid $103 which I thought was pretty thrifty. My wife wants one now but when I search ebay they seem to be going for quite a bit more now.

In the interest of being able to shop around, where did you buy you're motor? What did you pay(if you don't mind)?

I would like to buy a better motor but right now cost is the most important consideration.

I think I read that there are motor made in America, but I assume they cost a lot more. But anyway, I think a list a dealers would be a good thing (I bet there already is one but I can't find it).

Isn't boy-go-fast, amoung others, the same as Powerkingshop?

#1 sofasurferlinux, Jul 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  2. Bikeguy Joe

Bikeguy Joe Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

I can only answer some of your questions....I have bought several from thatsdax over the past few years, and they tranged in price (with shipping) from the low 100's to 189.99.

I have bought a few "economy kits" from Livefast, and I only paid 60 something for each of them.

Kits made in America?!? Surely you jest!

3. saetta

saetta New Member

I bought my first motor, 49cc and my second, 80cc silver, both from Powerkingshop. Including S&H, the 49 was $170 (one year ago) and the 80 was $140 w/S&H. Satisfied with both!

4. xlite

xlite New Member

Powerking and Boygofast are not the same and are in fact arch enemies. :) Powerking is Zoom and RuiHong. Boygofast is Boygofast and is Ebay only. They are both excellent vendors with Zoom having the better customer service.

5. HT2005

HT2005 Member

Gasbike.net has the cheapest 66cc for about $150 shipped.
    Bought in early June.

6. Hot Wheels

Hot Wheels New Member

BOYGOFAST ON EBAY THE NEW SLANT MOTOR 125.00 W/dance1SHIPPING

7. bseelbach

bseelbach New Member

Hot wheels-
    How do you like the BGF slant? That is the one that I was looking at for a first build but people here cautioned against the seller. I have sent BGF 2 emails in the last 2 weeks without a response. Granted I haven't bought from him yet so I'm technically not a customer but c'mon I would think he should respond. Did you get the 49cc slant with the steel liner with the direct attach carb?

8. Hot Wheels

Hot Wheels New Member

I love it, I got the 80cc runs great. he is a little slow getting to the emails, prices are pretty good and they ship stuff out fast.

Attached Files:

• 2-2.jpeg
      2-2.jpeg
      File size:
      116.8 KB
      Views:
  9. bseelbach

bseelbach New Member

Hmmm the spec plate. Is that a sticker or a riveted plate. Trying to decide between a 49cc and 80cc and legality is just one of the factors. How is the speed,torque, vibration and sound between the two sizes? I'm mostly interested in quiet (as reasonable) and vibrations that wont throw it all apart but then again the added torque would be nice for almost 200lbs. Appreciate your comments since I don't know anyone around here that has one so I cant see/hear/touch before buying.

10. city of angels

city of angels New Member

you could try usabikemotors.com their motors are really reliable and the prices are really reasonable

11. matt167

matt167 New Member

I got mine from luckyearlybird on Ebay.. was $120 shipped but I see there now a bit cheaper.. 66cc and runs fine

12. Cabinfever1977

Cabinfever1977 New Member

i got mine from gasbike.net and mine runs great, but there cheaper places to get one from.

13. stines1

stines1 New Member

do you have the right email add? smile888 @ yahoo.com