Whats the news on NuVinci hub

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by Goat Herder, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Goat Herder

Goat Herder Gutter Rider

#1 Goat Herder, Feb 5, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  2. Ghost0

Ghost0 New Member

I have yet heard of one self destructing. I know Clotho has been using one since he bought one of our first Shift Kits over 2 years ago and to my knowledge has not had a problem. I would really like to try one but for 2 reasons, weight and cost. With the Morini the weight isn't much of an issue due to the additional horse power but it still cost the same.

3. pdubs

pdubs New Member

what hub has been working best?

4. Clotho

Clotho Member

As Ghost0 says mine is still working fine. I had to replace the shift cables for it last summer as one got kinked. It was a little extra effort to find some fine enough to fit properly but the second bike shop I went to had something that works just fine.

Actually the entire bike has been working well. I haven't really had any problems except for the shift cables and a dead speedometer.

I took this pic last summer. The bike is dusty and shows a little wear and tear but is working great.

Attached Files:

#4 Clotho, Feb 5, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  5. Cannonfish

Cannonfish New Member

I got my Nuvinci hooked up about 50 miles ago - so far so good, I love it.

I had a fantastic experience dealing with Fallbrook Technologies after I damaged the shifter connections on the hub during the installation. I explained what I did wrong, and they immediately mailed me about $30 of replacement parts, without even charging for it. http://motorbicycling.com/f3/fallbrook-tech-makers-nuvinci-awesome-14825.html

So I've been really impressed, they definitely stand behind their products!

6. Clotho

Clotho Member

There wasn't any destructed one. He hasn't yet heard of anyone breaking one.

I don't know the exact mileage on the bike. It is in storage for the winter. I would guess around 2000km or so.

7. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

Darn! Major hill is what I live on top of, and motor is what I plan to drive it with!

8. Clotho

Clotho Member

Please see my thread: http://motorbicycling.com/f15/shift-kit-nuvinci-grin-2912.html

I used to live in the bottom 1/3rd of a very steep hill. Indeed it was a cliff.

The Nuvinci handled it with out complaint. It wasn't fast but it could climb like a mountain goat.

It is still working great. I don't think you will be disappointed.

9. Clotho

Clotho Member

At times... probably as much as 340 lbs. I am not a small person and I used to carry groceries etc with it.

#9 Clotho, Feb 7, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2010