Whats the best kit to buy?

GoldenMotor.com

walknot

Apr 24, 2012
Chicago
Hello All.

Im ready to do my first bike. I am looking for some input as to what kits are good and what to stay away from. Any feedback would be great!

Last edited:

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Hello All.

Im ready to do my first bike. I am looking for some input as to what kits are good and what to stay away from. Any feedback would be great!
What are you looking for? 2 cycle HT kit, 4 cycle" Mounting? Little more information would surely help.

If you search, you will find 100's if not 1,000's of posts with information on kits.

walknot

Apr 24, 2012
Chicago
I'm thinking 2 stroke. As far as mounting, not even sure what the options are. I have been reading tons of post trying to find out if some brands of kits are better than others, but haven't figured that out yet.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Oh, sure, frame mounted is what I'm looking for.
Now that we got that settled...What $ amount are you working with? The bike in my previous post, last year was close to $300.00, add some upgrades I make, another $50.00 or less. Everything was new. That bike sold for $600.00

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
It's all a crapshoot with the chinagirl kits.
Your chances improve exponentially if you patronize one of the vendors who advertise here on the forum if you review the threads.
Good luck!
rc