What One To Get

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by PORTA, Apr 11, 2010.

1. PORTA

PORTA New Member

What Motor U Guys Recomend For A West Coast Chopper I Am Not Worried About Fabrication Thats What I Do For A Living Just Want Somthing With Good Power And Will Fit In The Frame Thanks For Any Help

2. Nougat

Nougat New Member

Depends on your budget. You can get a 2 cycle frame mount kit for relatively cheap, but they tend to need more maintenance. A 4 cycle frame kit will be more expensive, but less finicky.

3. PORTA

PORTA New Member

Here Is The Bike I Want To Put The Motor In Maybe A 80cc Gurbee Skyhawk If It Will Work Any Thoughts On This Idea Chopper.jpg (144.6 Kb)

Attached Files:

4. Nougat

Nougat New Member

If you're going two-cycle, the quality of any kit is the same - hit or miss. Choose a vendor from the sponsors here, make sure you get decent warranty service. On that machine, you will need to fabricate some engine mounts, and you'll want a smaller sprocket. The kits come with a 44T, and I think you want a 27T, if I remember reading others' comments.

5. PORTA

PORTA New Member

Ok Thanks For Info

6. Randog707

Randog707 New Member

7. Venice Motor Bikes

Venice Motor Bikes Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

8. Randog707

Randog707 New Member

I agree with Venice,I currently have six bikes all 2 strokes,and they all start up everytime.I've never owned a 4 stroke so I cant speak on them but I love my 2 strokers.

9. Prasinos

Prasinos New Member

skyhawks are simply less powerful than pks. Ive owned 3 skyhawks and though they run a little smoother, none of them were as powerful as any of the 14 pks I've used.