What oil mix do I use on this engine?

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by crazyinsane51, Sep 28, 2015.

1. crazyinsane51

crazyinsane51 New Member

Hello. I just got a used bike from a pawn shop. The sticker on the engine says Mx5 superbike and made in korea. The engine looks well designed compared to the china engines. My biggest concern is what oil mix do I use ? I think its 25:1 on break in and 50:1 after. There isnt a whole lot on internet about this. Thanks in advance.

2. LandSpeedRecord

Pictures will help.

3. crazyinsane51

crazyinsane51 New Member

4. xseler

xseler Well-Known Member

There's tons of discussion on here on this subject. You could read every bit of it and still be scratching your head. This subject is also the one that causes the most grief on the forum.......

The best answer, I suppose, is to use a good quality , non-marine 2 cycle oil at the ratio that you feel comfortable with. Sorry, that's about as good as it gets.

(I did my break-in at 32:1 and have run it the past couple of years at 50:1 with Echo 2 cycle oil. Good luck!!)

#4 xseler, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  5. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

As xseler said, oil ratios can be debated until the cows come home but most 2 stroke engines will survive well on a 24 to 32:1 fuel/oil mix. I'm not familiar with your particular engine, have never seen one, but a 2 stroke is a 2 stroke and the ratios given above should be safe. Use a good quality 2 stroke, air cooled oil and you'll be good to go.

Good luck.

Tom

6. crazyinsane51

crazyinsane51 New Member

I can always check the plug for color. Or exhuast for smoke!

Thanks ^_^