what is the best softest seat?

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by toker_ace, May 23, 2009.

1. toker_ace

toker_ace Member

I've got to get me a seat for my xyz chopper. what is the best and softest seat?

Attached Files:

2. azbill

azbill Active Member

Attached Files:

3. Cabinfever1977

Cabinfever1977 New Member

the best seat ive ever had is my large schwinn seat with springs that came with my schwinn del mar cruiser.

4. spad4me

spad4me New Member

I prefer the tractor style seat under $20.00 from kmart wllyworld target etc.

5. NEAT TIMES

NEAT TIMES New Member

I Have A Seat Called "the Sofa" (gel With Large Center Vent 11.5 " X 12.5") It Is The Biggest I Could Find, Other Than Tricycle Seat. I Do Not Know How It Campares To The Other Seats Mentioned. They May Compare It For You. Roncvlt1

6. XFired

XFired New Member

I'm using the biggest,widest spring seat I've ever seen, it came off a Worksman Trike..can't be beat for comfort....

7. Prasinos

Prasinos New Member

depends on your preference but personally the big seats make my butt sore after long rides...

i prefer a firn narrow seat to a saddle type

8. NEAT TIMES

NEAT TIMES New Member

Yes, I Have Been Thinking About Using A Trike Seat. Was Looking At The Harley Seat A Member Has On His Bike. Seen It Today On A New Post. The Harley Solo Seats Are Comfy, But It Looks Expensive. He Loves It. Ron

9. bairdco

bairdco a guy who makes cool bikes

for ultimate comfort, you can't beat a Brooks leather saddle, once it's broken in. they're pricey, but worth it. i've got one on my bike, and it's amazing. i've got the B66S.

for cheap comfort, i have a few of these on other bikes: Pyramid Cruiser Saddle With Springs Black | BikepartsUSA.

well built, under 20 bucks, and probably the most comfortable cruiser seat i've found. i rate it right below my Brooks. it's a big fat cruiser seat, where my brooks is shorter and narrower.

10. XFired

XFired New Member

Firm narrow seats are cool if you like a wedgie,I'm older, and appreciate a wide spring seat...

11. Elmo

Elmo New Member

Many moons past I had a 1948 HD chopper with a solo seat and it was somewhat confoftable. At highwat speeds on marginal roads about every 100 miles I had to get off it for awhile.
    Elmo

12. silverbear

silverbear The Boy Who Never Grew Up

I have worksman seats on my two Americans and they are wide and comfortable, however I recently rebuilt a 1939 Elgin spring seat and added a gel seat cover under the new elk hide leather. This is even better than the worksman seats. If you rebuild or recover a seat, consider a nice gel seat cover either just as a cover or under the covering. Mine is Bell and was thickest I could find at Wallyworld.
    SB