Well crud....

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by Finfan, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Finfan

Finfan New Member

I bought a 56 tooth sprocket from Dax. I am not a speed demon by any stretch of the imagination so I thought it would be nice to have the low end torque. However the sprocket has the plane of the teeth slightly offset from the plane of the center. With the offset outward the chain rubs the chain stay. With the offset inwards it rubs the tire. I guess I'm going back to my 44 tooth. Is there any reason these sprockets are built this way?

2. azbill

azbill Active Member

with it dished out, try a washer or 2 on the axle, it might give you the clearance you need
    hope that helped :)

3. fm2200

fm2200 New Member

I just spread the rear stays and that gave me the clearance ( about 1 1/4 inch ) and put washers on the rear axle to give the proper spacing.

4. DAVID02895

DAVID02895 New Member

Will the sprocket adapter work on the occ schwinn stingray? When will you have them?

5. Creative Engineering

Yes they do...I machine all of this stuff in my shop. They will be ready next week. I have the OCC here, so you don't need to measure your wheel.

Jim

6. DAVID02895

DAVID02895 New Member

7. Creative Engineering

David,

That hub appears to be eliptical in shape, my sprocket adapter will not work on that type of hub.

Jim

8. Dave31

Dave31 Moderator
    Staff Member

9. toker_ace

toker_ace Member

my three speed street series chopper has that same hub. any ideas on how to mount a sproket on it?

10. commander

commander New Member

Hey Jim, when do you think the adapters will be ready? and what is the price ?

11. DEATH4OF4

DEATH4OF4 New Member

Has Anyone Used A Laser Level To Get The Alignment Perfect?
    I've Been Using A #41 Chain I Got From Fleetfarm .its Wider And Allows For Some Wobble. I Have Messed With That Rear Sprocket Forever Just To Get It Straight But It Never Works . I Bought A Clam Adapter And It Helps Alot. It Still Has Movement.