wanting to do a motor kit

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by eighty_cutty, Aug 9, 2009.

1. eighty_cutty

eighty_cutty New Member

new to the site and looking for some help on my occ chopper. i dont even know where to start on the motor and other accesories.

Attached Files:

2. Cabinfever1977

Cabinfever1977 New Member

#2 Cabinfever1977, Aug 9, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  3. eighty_cutty

eighty_cutty New Member

thanx. for now im gonna sand and flat black the frame and leave the fender green. later ill have it powder coated the same theme. it was a freebie needed a seat pedal handlebars and flat fixed.

4. azbill

azbill Active Member

search ebay for occ motor mount and look at barry's :)
    I have used 9-10 of them and have never had any problem
    he makes a LOUD chopper pipe as well
    ...you need the mount to offset the engine so you can clear that fat back tire :)
    manic mechanic (sponsor- ad top right)makes an excellent sprocket mount as well
    hope that gets ya started !!!

5. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

eighty cutty,
    Welcome to the forum. You've selected a challenge for your first bike but there are many here who have built the occ chopper into motorized bicycles. You'll probably hear from several of them in the next couple of days. If you have questions just ask and someone will give you advice. AZbill and Cabinfever hve already steered you in the right direction for parts you'll need for that little bike. Have fun.
    Tom

6. eighty_cutty

eighty_cutty New Member

so whats the most common motor used. i weigh in the 200 lb range and dont want to be under powered.
    see a lot of 48-49 cc but would the 66/80 be to much?

#6 eighty_cutty, Aug 10, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  7. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

The larger displacement engines have a tad more bottom end torque but for the most part there isn't a great deal of difference in the engines. At your weight you might want to go with the bigger one but there are lots of 49s carrying as much or more weight than you. By the way here's a link you might find interesting. http://motorbicycling.com/f3/blueprints-occ-stingray-motor-mount-10210.html
    Tom