Venice 'Green Goblin' Nirve Switchblade

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Here's a Nirve Switchblade that I've been working on for one of the homies... It's still being built, but I thought I'd post a few pics of where I'm at with it right now.
Every bit of chrome has been powder coated semi gloss black & I built it a super wide 24" rear wheel.
This one earned the nickname 'The Green Goblin'. ;)

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Norm, your builds are always cutting edge ( Nirve Switchblade ), when I see this build and many of your builds, I'm inspired!

You are the Arlen Ness of the Custom motorized bicycle world, when it comes to motorizing bicycles especially Stretch Cruisers & Chopper's, it seem's that you always find a way to motorize bikes that others would say you can't motorize that bike, however you have that ability, what's it called natural talent!

Kudo's bro,

Peace Crazy Horse.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Keep 'em coming, Norm. They're always an inspiration for all of us to emulate. At least we try. Post some finished photos soon and thanks for sharing your builds with the members.
Tom

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Thank you guys for the compliments!! :)
I forgot to mention that those engine mounts are offset 9/16" for chain/ tire clearance. I'll post more pics.

Also... the color of the VMB script in the top pic is almost exactly the true color of the frame in person!

Last edited:

insomniacshotrods

Sep 26, 2008
Nice bike love the color with the black...What brand front wheel is that? Where and how can i get one? I used a skewered front disc brake wheel but didnt use the skewer just had my buddy weld an extension tube inside and threaded some nuts to use. But the weld broke and a solid axle wont fit, Not sure what to do cant ride bike till i get it fixed but dont want to have a wheel laced just to get a solid axle. Please help

REDI

Jun 10, 2010
Los Angeles
Picking a bike to ride isn't the problem.... explaining to my girlfriend that I have another.. well. Its cool, I like the couch.

insomniacshotrods

Sep 26, 2008
Im heading over to the local bike shop today with the rim to see if they can fix me up with a solid axle from a downhill bike or bmx. If not i guess ill go back with the stock skewer setup and see if that will work. Man that black really sets it off. I might do that to my rat fink,already painted the wheels semi black but the fork looks sweet that color as well. Thanks again for info.

Last edited: