Upgrades?

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by weegenc, Sep 26, 2010.

1. weegenc

weegenc New Member

I'm starting to get a little more concerned about the longevity of the bike and thought i would get a couple things from amazon. You think these things will work?

Replacement Cable
    Amazon.com: NGK (8048) CR2 Single Lead Motorcycle Wire: Automotive

Spark Plug
    Amazon.com: 1 New NGK IRIDIUM IX Spark Plug BPR6HIX # 4085: Automotive

Flue Filter
    Amazon.com: Mr. Gasket 9706 Universal Clearview Fuel Filter: Automotive

I'm just worried about everything fitting. Still kinda new at this. I have a grubee skyhawk 80cc engine kit.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

2. Mind_Reader7

Mind_Reader7 New Member

Wow, all of that stuff is pretty overpriced. If you go to a local auto parts store, I'm pretty sure they should have all of that.

3. beentryin

beentryin New Member

that fuel filter is junk had one and it leaked rite from the get go so i tossed it

4. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

I agree with MindReader. Can get all that at any auto or MC place and cheaper. Also many of the sponsors on either side carry upgrade parts.

A good fuel filter is a must but those items are not really going to add miles to the life of an engine. Good maintenance and not beating on a small engine are the best things you can do to give her a long life.

5. kicking

kicking New Member

overpriced ? wait till you see what an Grubee gos for at amazon ... if people only knew .... the dealers are way better !!!

6. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

7. weegenc

weegenc New Member

The only thing I'm really leaning on is the spark plug. I can't find the thing at my auto zone. Where can I get a fule like and new cdi cable. Auto zone had fule filters but will that work with 2 cycle?

8. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

9. weegenc

weegenc New Member

I found a place called ride now that's in concord. Do you think Harley davidson would carry some stuff or is that just obserd to think

10. Pablo

Pablo Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor

Spark plug price is OK (same as sick bike parts $6.99), but we have a fuel filter and plug wire for way less, plus if you order the three together from us, they will ship together....

Sorry for the shamless plug - support a hard working sponsor of this site - vs random Amazon.

11. Creative Engineering

Pablo, Ghost...never apologize for offering quality parts at a reasonable price!

Jim

12. weegenc

weegenc New Member

The reason I love amazon so much is free 2 day shipping with prime. Plus I get that for free because I'm a student. But Deals also make me happy.