UNBELIEVABLE!!! Stupid POLICE!! and NYS!!

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by Eric2.0, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Eric2.0

Eric2.0 New Member

Ok watch this first Massena man facing fines for riding gas powered bicycle - YNN, Your News Now

It has to have insurance and to be registered in New York!! He got pulled over by state police and facing 5,000 in fines!!!!!!!!

He took it to the DMV to get it registered and they told him you cannot register or insure them, because they are not to be driven on public roads!!!!!!!!!!!

I call BS!! I'm so mad! Stupid NY and I see ATV's running the roads all the time with no problems.....just pure BS!!!!!

2. happyvalley

happyvalley New Member

#2 happyvalley, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  3. Nashville Kat

Nashville Kat Active Member

Most places want you to have a drivers license at least

beyond that, there's always someone somewhere who wants to pressure MB's- partly because the laws are different everywhere- and sort intentionally fuzzy-

Some people can't stand the thought of others with cheap transportation I think- and no matter how much they may really NEED it.

4. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

Exactly. How can anyone have sympathy for this guy or question why the cops came down so hard on him? It's just too bad that he's another one of those to give our hobby a black eye. Let 'em throw the book at him. 11 suspensions. What a dork!
    Tom

5. Eric2.0

Eric2.0 New Member

really? where did you see that?
    Great.... he now made the sport of MB one step closer for **** for the rest of us.

Nothing ever gets left alone....ever. Now these bikes are for drunks and suspended license idiots that think they can ride these as transportation and not get caught.

6. happyvalley

happyvalley New Member

Click the link, http://motorbicycling.com/f17/illegal-ny-sucks-32745.html#post321953 it's from Ch. 7 in Watertown. But yeah, I agree, plus the idiot was running at night without lights.

7. WildAlaskan

WildAlaskan New Member

8. WildAlaskan

WildAlaskan New Member

anyway the real reason cops are cracking down on this stuff is they dont generate enough revenue so they dont want us riden them

9. happyvalley

happyvalley New Member

Nobody is an idiot for making a mistake and there should be a good faith path back from that, but 11 license suspensions shows no good faith at all and the rap sheet of a loser.

10. Eric2.0

Eric2.0 New Member

I'm from Watertown and now I see why he got the book thrown at him. What an idiot. 11 suspensions is beyond making a mistake. I doubt the judge will be easy on him at all.

Someone like me prolly wouldn't get fined, but these incidents will make even harder to own a MB

11. Eric2.0

Eric2.0 New Member

12. Eric2.0

Eric2.0 New Member

Just so you know, I had a suspended license once, but I resisted driving until I go tit back, because if caught I faced way more fines and jail time.

I rode my bicycle a lot in that time....pedals of course.

Again, I am sorry man....

13. watsup

watsup New Member

someone show me were you can ride an atv in ny??? im out towards buffalo, and ive watched many being put on roll decks to be impounded, the dec will sit at roads and wait for them!!! never seen on drive down the road either, and im out in the sticks, nys is a bunch of money driven dirty cops, never been in trouble with the law, and my neighbor was a cop, just as dirty as all over them, didnt even think about taking my snowmobile off my property unless it was on a trailer

14. WildAlaskan

WildAlaskan New Member

No hard feelings just didn't like people judging
    But ur right this gut had no remorse