Tractor Supply Company Chain Request

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by Airbuzz, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Airbuzz

Airbuzz New Member

Hi forum members.

There was a post a couple of weeks ago that spoke of a lower price chain from the Tractor Supply Company. The chain was pretty close to the standard #415 chain.

Does anyone remember the post? I’m looking for it. If anyone knows the chain no. or has the link, I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks for all of your help

2. NunyaBidness

NunyaBidness Active Member

#41 chain is what you need

3. freewheeling frank

freewheeling frank New Member

i think you can also get that chain from ace hardware

4. Airbuzz

Airbuzz New Member

Thank You.

5. 577-Jersey

577-Jersey New Member

Just wanted to chime in with a review on this chain to add to the thread :),,
    I bought 10 ft of the tractor supply chain today,,looks like good HD stuff,,the rollers are alot better quality than the kit chain,plus ALOT less flex.It was the #41 I paid 19.99 for 10ft.enough to do another bike or two if need be,no clearance issues either.Took the bike for a 20 mile rip and the chain barley even slacked up any,,great chain so far for the money,,think it is marked TKS or something like that???,,i remember that brand from when I was little with mini bikes,go-karts,and dirt bikes,,it was great chain!

Good times....

Tom :)

#5 577-Jersey, Apr 30, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  6. bigbutterbean

bigbutterbean New Member

I also bought 10 ft of #41 chain from tsc, and I'm using it on my 98cc cruiser. Been almost 4 weeks now, chain is working out great. It stretched a little, but luckily I have a spring loaded tensioner, so it hasn't been a problem. If I notice too much slack in the chain, I just move the tensioner back a little.

7. Goat Herder

Goat Herder Gutter Rider

Chain wear, or chain stretch, becomes an issue with extensive cycling. Although the overall effect is often called "stretch", chains generally wear through attrition of the bushings (or half-bushings, in the Sedis design) and not by elongation of the sideplates.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_chain

8. 577-Jersey

577-Jersey New Member

Good reading there,,
    As a kid I knew they never stretched,,I always just thought the rollers broke in more after use causing the need for adjustment,,guess i was close..lol

9. maniac57

maniac57 Old, Fat, and still faster than you

I just use #40 hd from the local hardware store. Way better than stock and cheap! One box gives two bikes worth.

10. 577-Jersey

577-Jersey New Member

TS has the #40 also,,it looked huge,,but since you say so,,i will have to try it sometime :)