Tired of the Hospital:

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by Allen_Wrench, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Allen_Wrench

Allen_Wrench Resident Mad Scientist

I see things were picking up while I was gone. Again. It seems I had a Staph infection set in at one of the wound sites, despite my best efforts at cleanliness. So I sat in Wishard hospital for a little over a week while various doctors decided what to do with me. And now that I've been sent home, I have to shoot myself up with IV antibiotics into this PICC line they put in my arm, and I have to carry a 5-pound, portable wound vac around everywhere so that the abscess will close and heal. *Sigh*

At least the food at Wishard has dramatically improved since the last visit. And I think I would never make a good IV druggie. This gets real old after a while.

2. Goat Herder

Goat Herder Gutter Rider

Sorry to hear about your injuries my heart goes out to you. Man get well soon.:)

3. Allen_Wrench

Thanks man. Much appreciated. I was hoping to be all healed up by about Christmas, but this infection may be a real setback. We'll see I guess.

4. bairdco

bairdco a guy who makes cool bikes

that sucks, hope everything heals up faster for ya...

5. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

Rooting for ya Buddy!

6. Fulltimer

Fulltimer New Member

Now don't try putting bourbon in that IV! Get well soon! I know what you mean about being tired of the hospital. Just hang in there. I spent 23 months in an army hospital so I know you will finish it okay.

Terry

#6 Fulltimer, Oct 24, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  7. Allen_Wrench

No bourbon, huh? Well, I've got this ten-year single malt scotch. But ya know, it's so good I'd rather put it past my gums instead. [And you all were wondering how I was doing. :) ] Yeah, I'll be walking and riding again sometime soon. But the waiting is the hard part. Defo.

8. akagoldminer

akagoldminer New Member

I know howyou feel man i got a kidney stone i went in for last sunday and they were supposed to take it out during surgery on the 4th but now the doc wont be in untill the 18th for the surgey now gota tube out of my kidney into a bag on my leg untill then. :-||

9. Allen_Wrench

Oh jeeze. That bites. Don't sneeze, man.

10. fasteddy

fasteddy Well-Known Member

Allen Wrench, sorry to hear about the wound getting infected. That's a raw deal but at least they are able to do something about it even if you have to carry half the hospital with you. Worst part is they won't let you drink with the antibiotics even if it is ten year old scotch.
    A hospital with good food! I always thought that was an oxymoron.
    Get well soon!

Steve.

11. akagoldminer

akagoldminer New Member

yea tell me about it buton the bright side i found this forum and i got a step son in florida that beat a staph infection in his liver so it can be done still cant figure out howhe got it there though thought you mostly got staph infections from hospital surgeries which he had not had any. Main thing is he beat it docs had him on a pic line for 6 months though with vancomiason i guess i spelled it right. anyway good luck and get well soon.

12. killercanuck

killercanuck New Member

Dang, that sucks Allen_Wrench, get well soon. At least you won't have to shovel any snow this winter, eh?

lol, don't sneeze miner, made me cringe. good luck to you too :O

13. DOC BOLM

DOC BOLM New Member

Get more better sooner.

14. Allen_Wrench

Well, ordinarily I heal rather fast. And here in the midwest, it's been known to wait until February to snow. So shoveling snow isn't totally out of the cards yet. But I think at that point I'll be so happy to be walking without crutches that I may shovel the neighbors' walks too, maybe.

15. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

You rock Allen. Don't even think about doing any of that but way cool your thinking about that.
    Do just a wee bit more then they tell you to. Gonna be enough snow next yr. Heal up right Buddy-ro

.flg.

16. Sydneysider

Sydneysider New Member

Best of luck, mate. I myself am recovering from broken wrist. Get well soon.

Eddie