Throttle Adjustment | Bracket Assembly

GoldenMotor.com

reg454

Jan 11, 2009
michigan
Link to video showing movement - YouTube - Motorized Bicycle Throttle Adjuster Bracket

I built this Throttle adjustment Bracket today after getting back from work it is going to help with all the slack it the line. Plus if my idle screw falls out i can adjust it from the bracket.

I can mount it with 2 sheet metal screws directly in the frame of the bike. I will have to cut the cable casing to allow for play in the cable and adjustment, and cut the cable itself then I can use 2 allen bolts with lock washers and washers to secure the cable on the adapter I made to go with it. Also i drilled holes through the bolts on the bracket so the cable can go through it.Their is plenty of room inside the bracket for movement of the throttle cable. I made the whole setup in about 1.5 hours.

I will probably make a better housing when I cut up some 1/8" sheet metal I have laying around but that is a project in it self.

Last edited:

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
some of the new engines kits already come with a simular bracket like that on the throttle cable.

and its so you can adjust the length of your throttle cable.