Thoughts on next build

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by GasX, Nov 18, 2011.

1. GasX

GasX New Member

Its too late to totally change where I am going with my current bike, but I have been thinking about my next one and thing I am going to pattern it after a BSA 441 Victor.

I think it would not be too hard to make a pretty nice bike that is at the very least a nod to this classic.

[​IMG]

The question is what frame to start with. I could emulate the "style" with a Felt Slater (Like the Felt Bultaco) and creative painting, or find something and put a tank on it. Any thoughts on a good starting point?

2. rustycase

rustycase Gutter Rider

I had a Victor once... if it wasn't for the Prince of Darkness, it would have been a fun bike.

I've got a Giant frame here that has all straight tubes... I guess with some real fancy welding it could be made into a swingarm suspension frame and some moped forks would handle the front end faux... half paint a chrome peanut tank and you'd be well on your way towards the Victor look.

IMO if u want to do a Victor tribute, u might want to use a 4 cycle engine, though.

Best
    rc

3. F_Rod81

F_Rod81 Dealer

that could be a nice build :)

4. Dirt Road Cowboy

Lucas electrical systems aren't much worse than China Girls!

zpt