Thinking About Another One

GoldenMotor.com

Jim C

Jul 11, 2010
Long Beach Calif
I was pretty unhappy with my Schwinn/Jag/ Stinger build. I did get a lot of help with it from people on this forum. The guy I sold it to loves it and has put on some very nice wheels, a springer fork and a seat that is about the size of a trash can lid. He had done a good job with it and rides it everywhere. I have been pretty much riding and enjoying my eGO electric scooter. But my old fingers are getting stiff and I am thinking of a new build. I am thinking about a four stroke motor. I like the looks of the two strokes but my experience over the years with motorcycles is four stroke motors just work better. What do you all think two or four? I am thinking about a pretty good sized frame set up in a comfortable board track style.

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana
if you are already convinced that 4 strokes work better than 2 strokes, why are you asking which one you should go with?

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
What was it about your previous 2 stroke that you were so unhappy with? Was it something inherent with 2 strokes, the installation, or just with the lower quality China Girls? That would help determine your next setup, along with what your goals are.

Jim C

Jul 11, 2010
Long Beach Calif
I will answer a couple of points: I am not convinced of anything and did not say I was. I think the low quality of the china motor and the kit were a factor. I have no way of knowing if the 4 strokers are any better. I would plan on keeping it. In fact I did plan on keeping the other one. I had trouble with the clutch, the chain, the throttle, the carb fell apart, the gas tank leaked and basicly nothing in the kit fit with out work.