Thanks to all you guys and the site

GoldenMotor.com

justahfren

May 9, 2011
trinidad
Hello...just stumbled onto this site in the past week...since then I have bought a new mountain bike and engine....(chinese package still to arrive)

Am just amazed at what u guys are doing with your bikes man...

Anyway I wished I saw this Morini section before i bought that Chinese kit but I guess i will use that as a stepping stone....

Just need a little assurance from u guys.

Why I am building this bike...its simply just to ride normally on paved roads and am thinking this would be a perfect engine for me as its so reliable..

Am sure we all agree its expensive however with the chinese kit after modding that thing with exaust CDI carbs and the constant tinkering with it thats its gonna add up to big $$$.....

Anyway just wanna say thanks again for all your post...u guys are a nutty bunch especially those of u who ride those thing doing 40 miles...just insane...

Laters....zpt

magicalpancake

Jul 6, 2009
Denver
you'd be surprised after getting into it that 40mph isn't that insane :) i started off with a china motor on my road bike, good learning stone. morinis can be tricky cause a lot of it has to be fabbed up. more complete ones like sportsman pat are insane but you have a big resource on this site. welcome!

justahfren

May 9, 2011
trinidad
Wow..............man i finally got my bike built yesterday man.....
Man that thing is FUN and it cost almost nothing.

I cant believe I waited this long man.

Ok magicalpancake I think u are correct when it comes to this speed issue....I already am wanting to go faster cuz i feel safe on my bike and the brakes work super fine....Man I love this thing....

As for the morini I know its gonna take some doing but I will have lots of help on my end...buddy at work has been into this for almost 7 yrs now.

I will keep searching and reading post made on the site and will just start buying the parts slowly and hopefully early next yr have it going...

Anyway thanks for posting man...

Laters

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
I like it here, too. I thought I could cheap out and use the Chinese motors, I was wrong. They are undependable at best and treacherous at worse.

I'm selling off my China parts in anticipation of the purchase of a Morini S6 Electronic. Yeah, there are Morini's that make beau coup power but that's not my concern. It's being able to dependably have my ride ready to go, not ready to be repaired :p

Morini manufactures motor for many European mopeds in many countries. I would not be supprized to find they actually out-produce the Chinese. But, then again, how much could one of the HT kits cost in China? There are over a billion of them and if even a small percentage of them have one the number would be huge but I also would bet they get a better quality set-up than we do.

I have spent way over what a Morini would cost, let's call it paying for an education and, boy, do I learn the hard way :p

justahfren

May 9, 2011
trinidad
hey dave C...man i have this bike now for over 2 months easy...have been through about 8 tanks of gas...maybe 1000kms or more am guessing and get around 45 kms...dont have speedo yet....and it still is clicking....just fine....I dont know,...I guess these China kits are a hit and miss...my buddy who built the bike for me...said as soon as he checked the compression he said it was a really good engine but when he rode it...he said there is almost no vibration so he said i lucked out big time....anyway i beat the **** outta this thing and it still works just fine...

I use premium gas with amsoil syn tech oil...at 16-1 but gonna go maybe 25 -1 next time i fuel up...

Thanks again to all you guys....