texas pete

GoldenMotor.com

obesepolice

Apr 5, 2012
irving, texas
I'm Texas Pete and I am rather new here. Been a lurker, while my bike sat in the corner waiting for me to finish for like 6 months. well here it is. Almost done just a couple of things i need to change. I have 11g hd wheels on the way in a week or so with a front drum brake so finally i will have brakes. It does 50 mph. Just got to work out the lights and i am ready to go.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. Look fwd to your pictures. My front drum brake came with a wheel from an old Worksman industrial trike I bought on CL.
Post your pics to a site like photobucket. Then you can merely post the link to each pic in your thread.

Last edited:

obesepolice

Apr 5, 2012
irving, texas
here is something i did to my springer forks, one i haven't seen around necessarily. It made the springer much stiffer. Didn't take out the lateral flex but it did help a lot. I took 5/16" all thread and sandwiched washers, lock washers, and nuts against the fork. Loc-tite and its good to go. And i am aware of the spring screw being all the way in. I was seeing what the front end would look like laid out a little bit and wanted to see how it handled with a stiff front end.

Attachments

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Good idea. It will probably be quieter too. I had thought of threading some elastomers over the thru bolt, but that is a thick bolt.