Tell me why this kit is crap and what I should get instead.

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by EyeSpyGuy, Jan 31, 2015.

1. EyeSpyGuy

EyeSpyGuy New Member

Newb here. I've been lurking for a couple days and I have done a lot of reading. I'd like to solicit the opinions of the grey hairs of the clan.

I found this kit from China.

I'll tell you the things I like about it, then you can tell me why I'm wrong.

• Huasheng 142FA four stroke motor
    • It is a complete kit
    • Shipping to Australia is really inexpensive
    • The exhaust manifold is (hopefully) pretty quiet

There is not a lot available in Oz. Mostly I can get Chinese two stroke kits, which I still have to have shipped thousands of miles to get to my city.

What do you think, gang?

2. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

Howdy and welcome to the forum.

With 4 stroke kits the transmission/gear reduction is a major concern. If not shown or mentioned, I would wait until some one who has the same kit lets ya know. There are some problematic ones on the market.

3. EyeSpyGuy

EyeSpyGuy New Member

Dan,

Thanks for the reply.

Thank you for highlighting the importnance of a quality transmission/gear reduction.

How big a hassle is it to upgrade the transmission/gear reduction later? I would dearly love to get a kit like this http://www.bicycle-engines.com/49cc-4G-T-Belt-Drive-Complete-Gas-Powered-Engine-Kit.html, but the price difference is quite a bit, given exchange rate and that shipping from the USA costs so much more.

I guess it is all down to how much I value my time, eh? A ****ty kit will lead to hours of trouble in the future.

I guess I'd like someone to reccomend Chinese 4stroke kit.

If that isn't possible, I'll save my money for something better.

#3 EyeSpyGuy, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2015