Target: Wet Feet $69.99

GoldenMotor.com

Albula vulpes

Mar 16, 2010
FL
Target has the Magna Rip Curl Cruiser on sale for $69.99. It fits the China 68.5/80cc engine perfectly if it has the slant head/wider frame mounts. You have to get a 2x4 and a sledge hammer and hammer it on both sides of the frame to fit the standard 68.5/80cc CH80 engine.

If you are looking to get your feet wet, this is an ideal frame for the China engines. You do not want to spend alot of money on a good bike for these China 68.5/80cc engines.

Bottomline...........................................

If you have never built a motorbike before. This would get your feet wet for around $200.00 for the engine kit and bicycle combined.

The pict. in attachements is the bicycle that Target has on sale.

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Your suggestion to 'squash' the down tube is one we discourage. There are alternative mounting techniques to compromising the frame integrity by distorting a critical structural member. That bike is at least a steel frame, even then, I'd look to a different way to mount an engine to it.
Tom

Albula vulpes

Mar 16, 2010
FL
The frame lasted longer than two china 68.5/80cc engine kits installed into it. The frame was ridden in Florida and the N.C. mountains with the engine kit and the slight frame modification. I still have the frame. I got rid of the two 68.5/80cc engine kits. Best thing I ever did.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Right, we get that and it's a case of whatever works for you and your bike - the trick of it is when it's recommended to others with unknown metal fabricating experience. It's a dicey & questionable procedure in the first place as it is a key structural member, made even worse by the suggestion of using a sledgehammer or even just crushing it w/a C clamp - there's simply no way to safely say how much distortion is too much before it's compromised, it could very easily have hidden fractures, crack or result in "just" frame misalignment.

It's the potential destruction of a member's bike, the safety considerations & readily available alternate solutions that don't pose a hazard that cause us, as staff to actively discourage this as a viable recommendation to others. With that same consideration we also recommended against drilling a large hole in the down tube as the forward motor mount despite the fact some have done it successfully and it's even in the instructions.

It's nothing personal, ya can ofc do w/e ya want with your bike - but there's just some things we need to point out in the interest of protecting the less experienced members *shrug*

Albula vulpes

Mar 16, 2010
FL
Yesterday..................................................

Rode my MB to the beach and got my feet wet. Didn't see any bones. There was a porpoise and it was looking like he was rounding up snook. It was a sweet peaceful morning. Speaking of schnooks, There are a few in this forum.

From there rode the motorbike and came across 5 police officers. To see what happened.............

Go to........................................................

Yo Momma = SnowBlower thread.

momentummotorgroup

Apr 10, 2009
grand rapids, michigan
wow. do you really think it's a great idea to a) recommend something that could cause someone else severe bodily harm or death just because you've been LUCKY so far, and b) to directly take a piss on the moderator's advice and reasoning as to why that's a bad idea?

Everybody's got one, some people are one.