Tank DVD...

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by FatOldGuy, Jan 15, 2012.

1. FatOldGuy

FatOldGuy New Member

OK I bought a DVD on making a tank. The sound is not so hot so I am having trouble figuring out my parts list.

It is all written on a white board behind the guy, but it is never shown clearly.
    Has anyone figured out exactly what they need?

One of the things is a large piece of floral foam, but I cannot find anyplace to buy it in the required large size. Anyone have suggestions?

I am going to attempt to build one myself. If it turns out well I will start making them.

2. leadfarmer

leadfarmer New Member

There is a post here on the forum about making a gas tank. I think he cuts the pattern out of cardboard first.
    ETA- The thread is in the Paint booth and chop shop section of this forum

#2 leadfarmer, Jan 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  3. FatOldGuy

FatOldGuy New Member

Uhm, that has nothing to do with the question I asked.

4. thegnu

thegnu New Member

just glue as many blocks of that foam together as you need , most any craft store should have it , or be able to direct you to a floral shop or floral supply were you could get what you need.

5. NunyaBidness

NunyaBidness Active Member

That is the thing with posting in a forum. Anyone can reply with a post that may or ay not answer the question you've asked. Most of the time around here people are only trying to help, as I believe was the case here.

So, instead of getting uptight about someone who offers a little help that wasn't asked for, try taking a look at the thread he was talking about and seeing if maybe it helps after all.

6. Donnda

Donnda New Member

^^^^^^^^What he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^