Stuck At Full Throttle!

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by dcsnow44, Jun 20, 2011.

1. dcsnow44

dcsnow44 New Member

Ok here my problem, I start up my bike and bam my bike is revving at maximum throttle. The throttle grip moves like it should slides fine and was properly installed. And the slide in the carb is properly installed. I dont know what the problem is.

Thanks, Dylan.

2. Cabinfever1977

Cabinfever1977 New Member

There is a idle screw on the side of the carb, try turning it counter clockwise and see if that brings your idle down. If not your throttle cable may be tied too tight to the bike frame causeing the idle to stay high.

3. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

Please tell us what engine/carburetor you have. That will help us help you. In the mean time take Cabinfever's advice. It could just be that your idle speed screw is turned in too far.
    Tom

4. dcsnow44

dcsnow44 New Member

Thanks for all the help. I have the 66cc from zoombicycles, with the NT carb. The problem was the plastic in the throttle was not allowing the throttle cable to be fully "relaxed". Got her all fixed up and went for a half hour ride! Man speeds like these are scary on a bike!.shft.

5. Allen_Wrench

Allen_Wrench Resident Mad Scientist

Heheheh. Talk to Bairdco about that..wee.