Struggling to start engine

Petter

Oct 4, 2020
I can’t start the engine. Do not know what the problem is. Sometimes it does not even fire. I have checked for spark and there certainly is. Carburettor is giving fuel as when I spin the wheel without the plug I can see a mist of air/fuel mixture. Should be no air leakages, I have mounted to cylinder head back on with perfection. Help. Here is a video of me trying it down a steep hill, when it goes fast it will fire sometimes.

LR Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
You need to post better information about the engine itself. Show pictures of the engine itself. A fly by video only let's us know a little about what's happening. Mist shouldn't be coming out of the carburetor it should be going into the cylinder. Did you ground out the plug and test it in dim light? There could be air leaks or valves may need adjusting.

Last edited:

Davideo

Feb 25, 2020
I can’t start the engine. Do not know what the problem is. Sometimes it does not even fire. I have checked for spark and there certainly is. Carburettor is giving fuel as when I spin the wheel without the plug I can see a mist of air/fuel mixture. Should be no air leakages, I have mounted to cylinder head back on with perfection. Help. Here is a video of me trying it down a steep hill, when it goes fast it will fire sometimes.
Petter, when it begins to fire close choke and open throttle about 1:3 way open.
I made a little video for cold starts which may help if your bike is working properly.

Last edited:
Reactions: LR Jerry

carburetor al

Jun 14, 2020
Hi Petter These things may help. There is an adjustment screw on the carb. On three different carbs I've looked at it was way out of adjustment. Turn it in carefully. When you feel it bottoming out stop turning right away. This gives you the point to set the screw. Turn it out 1 and 1/2 turns. You readjust fine tune after the motor is warm. The other big problem found was in the cdi. The wire going to the CDI
is actually screwed on something that looks like a wood screw. See if you can turn it in or out. If you can work it loose, tighten it. Same on the spark plug end of the wire.. What you are trying to do is get better contact. When I solved these minor problems my motor started. Hope this helps!

Reactions: LR Jerry