Stihl FS48 buzzerbike update

GoldenMotor.com

Buzzerbiker

Sep 27, 2012
kalispell MT.
Hi all, I have my 23cc beastie pretty well sorted out. My 4th intake retains almost all the power gains, lost a smidge on the top end,( 1/2 MPH) but fattened the middle. Gone, is the"Banshee howl". The red intake tubes terminate 1/2 inch inside a venturi that feeds the filter element, between the element and choke is a resonator made from a 3/4 inch copper pipe cap, It runs very well for 23cc. The new intake and engine cover cut noise levels to under 70DB @ 20MPH, and about 60DB @ 14 MPH !!! Also pictured is my rubber isolated gooseneck. The movement on braking felt weird at first, but the ride quality is great. Both my wrists have been reconstructed, so comfort is a high priority for me. I used 3/4 inch angle, and common grommets and sleeves, but, be sure to use grade 8 bolts if you copy something like this. This whole project was just a see if I could do it kinda thing. Was under $100 till I put new fat tires and cruiser seat, still under $175. I'll never do another like this, but I would love to try a board track style someday with two 29cc four strokes melded into a V twin look, guess I'm hooked. Thanks all, and good building/biking.trk

Attachments

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Hey Buzz,

That seat of your looks comfy, is it a aftermarket seat or is that one that the bike came with? Nice motorized bicycle (^)

Buzzerbiker

Sep 27, 2012
kalispell MT.
Hi Dave, The seat is a Schwinn. 26 bones at Kmart or Wal Mart. I like to check for parts in the fall at these stores, get some good deals. I did pay full price on the seat, however, they were hot sellers this summer. It is comfy! This bike was a 21 inch road frame originally, very light chro mo, 700c wheels. I cut and re welded it in 10 or 12 places to fit a 7 speed 26" MTB rear wheel, and make it about a 17" size. Pretty anal eh? $5 yard sale bike with that kind of frame though, was worth the work considering the weight I achieved. Thanks. .flg.

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
Nice idea on the rubbermount bars . Not sure how squishy the grommets are . urethane might be a bit more solid of a feel when you brake . but hey ... if it works good , right on .

Buzzerbiker

Sep 27, 2012
kalispell MT.
Thanks, I use the internal spacer length to control firmness. Poly is a little too stiff for me. The rubber is holding well, 300 miles of road and trail. Easy to change too if needed.