stainless tuned pipe goodness

GoldenMotor.com

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
Odyssey phat widow cranks. came on the bike, just got it friday off CL. all the bmx parts really make the bike feel stout, like i could hit a mailbox at 30 and the bike would be fine.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Odyssey phat widow cranks. came on the bike, just got it friday off CL. all the bmx parts really make the bike feel stout, like i could hit a mailbox at 30 and the bike would be fine.
foureasy,
Try not to hit any mailboxes...The pipe looks good. Post a report on it after you get the bike running. Power verses noise.
Tom

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
this particular pipe was built for a highly ported monster. i have a goal of 45mph on flat ground. i know i know, everybody's bike does 40. we all know that's bs. it takes a lot of work to get to 40. i always do a two way avg on my test road, that way there is no downhill. i should have some more pics tomorrow. clay

this is the pipe for stock motors

this is part of the 40mph kit, it will be nickel plated though

hmlhogan

Jul 23, 2009
Kingman, AZ
foureasy, are these pipes going to be for sale soon and if so, how much for each type. Thanks for the info.
Michael [hmlhogan]

restapukin

Jul 22, 2009
australia
I wonder if you've formed a view as to the effects/benefits/drawbacks of an immediate increase of pipe diameter (vs stock)

I'd sure like a perfomance boost based on larger diameter piping leading to a an equally efficient muffler ... hence little noise penalty...

it's best to cut a low profile around the bourgeoius biketracks here...

but that's a beaut piece of work, Foureasy, that pipe at the top of the thread... the fact that it's perfectly round in section in itself should help minimise noise of course, and the weld seams can only enhance the rigidity of the bizzo

the thing just looks right...

and all in stainless by my oath; ...guys.... yer can't heat-treat stainless - it ain't so easy to work with that stuff at all, so mucho respect for design and execution.

restapukin
X
his mark

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
thanks man. i guess the pipe works pretty good, cause i did a flying leap over the handlebars into the asphalt at about 25mph. i was impressed with my tuck and roll, cause it could've been a lot worse. my doctor says that i probably tore a ligament or something in my left shoulder. my head still works as good as it used to. the bike did a couple flips after it landed on me, and the only thing wrong with the bike was the brakes started to drag a little. no bent wheels, i love bmx parts.

stay tuned for some photos of the brakes and linkage, cause it really turned out sweet. (brake failure was not the reason for the spectacular crash, bunny hopping over stuff at 25mph is the reason)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
OH Man 4! (I got some of those exact wounds. Hip thing, how does that happen?) Heal fast!

But that is one beautiful muffler!