Somebody stop me!!! Found a good frame for making the NIGHTSTER bobber

GoldenMotor.com

Nightster

Mar 3, 2021
Texas
So I saw this bike and knew I could make it what I am thinking about.

Ape hangers, lowered set back seat, no front fender and 1.5 gallon peanut tank up on the high bar. Probably put some type of hydraulic forks on it too. Might even consider a 24” wheel in the back to lower it.

Color will be ALL Black !!!

ok @dogcatcher here’s where I need that decal lol

Attachments

Nightster

Mar 3, 2021
Texas
Watching some videos on YouTube, the head tube on this bike appears to be at least 10 inches tall. I’m wondering if anybody makes hydraulic bicycle forks with a steering tube that tall.usflg

got more research to do...

Last edited:

Oldbiscuit

Oct 3, 2020
Yep me if I need it, LOL not hard. I just cut two and weld them together, with a sleeve inside. Roseset welds work the best..........Curt
I’ve done that myself on a couple of forks. One thing to watch for is if you plan to use an internal handle bar stem, that you put your internal sleeve low enough to allow the stem to go deep enough.

Oldbiscuit

Oct 3, 2020
I used a tube cutter to cut the fork tube, then I cut the same dia.tube to length. I drilled several holes in all tubes and slipped an appropriate sized tube inside. Than I clamp all three pieces into a section of angle iron and tack weld one side. Unclamp and rotate and reclamation and tack weld opposite side. After I’ve tack welded all around , I go ahead and weld the entire tube. They always come out straight for me, just take your time and be diligent.

Nightster

Mar 3, 2021
Texas
I used a tube cutter to cut the fork tube, then I cut the same dia.tube to length. I drilled several holes in all tubes and slipped an appropriate sized tube inside. Than I clamp all three pieces into a section of angle iron and tack weld one side. Unclamp and rotate and reclamation and tack weld opposite side. After I’ve tack welded all around , I go ahead and weld the entire tube. They always come out straight for me, just take your time and be diligent.
Cool thanks for the tips

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Yep that is what I do, about the same. I just use what is left and split length wise, about 3/16” and squeeze it for a sleeve.........Curt

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
QUOTE="Nightster, post: 694037, member: 54555"]
This bike is supposed be delivered Monday lworider
O soon you will have ten projects going and none done, LOL. I think you are going way to fast, and need to slow down. You haven’t encountered any mechanical engine troubles yet.........Curt

Nightster

Mar 3, 2021
Texas
QUOTE="Nightster, post: 694037, member: 54555"]
This bike is supposed be delivered Monday lworider
O soon you will have ten projects going and none done, LOL. I think you are going way to fast, and need to slow down. You haven’t encountered any mechanical engine troubles yet.........Curt
Lol thanks , but I’m good

i’ll look at it this way, when I reach a frustrating part on a build, I move off to another build while I think about the problem encountered encountered.

Then there’s waiting on parts, and not being able to move forward, also another good time to work on another build.

mechanical problems with the motor are much more within my realm of repairing or correcting. Metalwork is what is new to me.

But I do appreciate your opinion, all opinions are welcome

Nightster

Mar 3, 2021
Texas
Sorta speaking for my own exspearence, I see a project and say I can build that, then start and see something else. Bad addiction is what it is. ..........Curt
I think people all work on their hobbies differently. And as I said, I appreciate all opinions.

My deficiency, as I see it, is OCD. It can be bad but it can also be an exhilarating, leaning experience. When I speak OCD, I don’t mean washing my hands 1 million times a day, I mean when I get into a project I jump in headfirst and full ahead. It has taught me a quite a bit in life. I love learning and will never tire of that. What is hard is sitting around looking at a bike and I don’t have the parts to work on it. A spare project or two is to feed my OCD.

Nightster

Mar 3, 2021
Texas
Got this bike and it’s just what I was looking for to create the bobber. Gonna cut the top off the seat post and slam a motorcycle sprung seat on it.

I will probably get rid of the seven speed also, unless it buys me anything by leaving it on.

also, the caliper brakes are gonna go. Will go drum or disc

Attachments

Nightster

Mar 3, 2021
Texas
Replace the down loop bar with a girls drone loop and would be a big hole to mount a motor.......LOL......Curt
This one is just getting a 100/80cc 2 stroke.

when I get time and $$$ in the future, I’m gonna do a Harley BTR on a sportsman flyer frame with a Predator 4 stroke.

I was going to paint this bike black, but I’m really liking this gun metal gray. Think I’ll just add black

Nightster

Mar 3, 2021
Texas
I think I’m going with drum brakes on this build, because there’s no place to mount calipers, the frame is aluminum, and I don’t do aluminum welding.

with that said if I go with hydraulic forks, unless the steering tube is steel, I will have to have someone lengthen it for me.