Some great grips for vibration

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I found a great way to eliminate all vibration. It's called an electric bicycle.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Those look nice, I been using the inexpensive foam grips I get at my local bike shop, they're a thick cushy foam grip that stays cool and comfortable and at $3 a pair I can have a nice cushy grip for all my bikes for cheap cheap cheap... and they also do a great job cutting down the felt vibes in the bars to a supper low amount, q nice comfortable grip is nice to have on a motorized bike....

There ya go hating on the china girl bikes again biknut.....lol!

Just imagine what this forum would be like if it was called www.electricbicycling.com.....! You and about 8-10 others could type back and forth all day and night about your batteries and how quick they run down and how often you have to plug it back in and wait for hoirs before you can ride a few miles and back so you can charge the batteries again repeat repeat repeat......lol!

Not hating on electrics because its all about what someone wants but Ill take my. Hina girl powered bike over any ele tric I've ever seen or heard of any day.... just the same way I wouldnt own an electeic Harley even if they made one..... something about the smell, noise.... and the feel of the engine buzzing through the frame..... but hey... some people feel like a champ in a Prius and aome of us would much rather have a 69 Camaro with loud pipes a 4 speed standard tranny hooked up to a 427 big block.....

Peace bro.... but give me the china girl vibea and the fun of tinkering with them to make them the best they can be......put the ele tro bike in the ahop and pull out those china girls and go rip up the neighborhood.......lol....!

:)

Map
.wee.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I've been using foam grips for some years and am a believer. Even with few vibration problems the grips are a help to old hands. I also hand stitch elk hide on mine so they not only feel good, but look good, too.
SB

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I've been using foam grips for some years and am a believer. Even with few vibration problems the grips are a help to old hands. I also hand stitch elk hide on mine so they not only feel good, but look good, too.
SB
I be those grips with the elk hide are awesome.... make some up and put them in swap shop for sale... I bet there will be some takers if you did SB

Map

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Interesting idea.. and depending on where you live, check your local grocery store.. the ones we've dealt with for the last umpteen years have a little space for the "make your own" wine and beer supplies (maybe three shelves, 3' long each). You can buy a bag of new corks very cheaply.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Well you can stay with straight foam cruiser grips, or they have a huge selection of other grips out now in all colors and flame designs etc.- even alloy -

but I just wanted to point these out because they are exceptionally padded and comfortable-

I've always liked Cobra gips on upright bicycle bars before,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OLD-SCHOOL-...Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ad328451b

because the are a great feel and you can grab them in several different ways-
but they are expensive and hard to get these days- while these are cheap and something new- in the colors at least- and may not stay that way forever, with planes going down and costs going up-

the chinese are largely keeping cycling prices down these days, and good for them!

here they are in yellow and even less expensive:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yellow-Univ...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3a72d4abec

Last edited: