Self tightening clutch

GoldenMotor.com

WEEDHOPPER

May 8, 2022
Greenville Sc
Here's what's happening...
I set my clutch and it's working fine then few days or so later my clutch is to tight to disengage.
My flower nut set screw is tight and there's no change or adjustment done to my clutch system but all on its own it tightens up and I have to reset my flower nut againalso this not just to tight using the clutch cable but even if I manually push the clutch arm all the way back, side note my flowernut set screw isn't the original but one I found to fit.
Any ideas or suggestions

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Try adding grease to all the internal clutch shaft parts & side cover lever... Keep the grease away from the clutch pads & friction plate surfaces!

Question.... Does the side cover lever get looser as the flower nut gets tighter? (or does everything else seem to stay adjusted)??

Last edited:

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
If the problem continues after following all the previous advice given; I suggest taking the entire clutch assembly off the clutch shaft & check to see if the woodruff key is in place & that the large end nuts (on both ends of the clutch shaft) are properly torqued down.

Testname111

May 20, 2021
Sounds like you're load spring is to tight to me, that screw inside the clutch wire guide port hole thingy, I usually loosen mine a little with a flat head screwdriver and spinning the back wheel to spin the Axel..... Just my thoughts tho

WEEDHOPPER

May 8, 2022
Greenville Sc
Thanks for the response but I figured out the problem.
As usual it was something really simple that leaves you feeling really stupid lol.
Like I said in my post I had lost the original flower nut set screw and had to find a screw that would work... unfortunately the one I found had a head just a tad bit to small to fill up the notch in the flower nut and it was letting it work itself past it lol

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
According to the two stroke tuners handbook the stinger should be 58-60% of the size of the head pipe, I've made several silencers that quietened it down but did not hurt power.

Reactions: Testname111

WEEDHOPPER

May 8, 2022
Greenville Sc
The one I made was from a aluminum bear bottle lol not sure what the ratio to the head pipe was but I'll definitely try to figure out the proper size and try it again.
Not really sure how to go about calculating it but I'm sure I can figure it out thanks for the info Greg

WEEDHOPPER

May 8, 2022
Greenville Sc
I'm confused Greg if it's to 60% of the size of the head pipe do you mean the part that actually connects to the motor or the pipe between that and the expansion chamber