Schwinn springer forks - what do I need?

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle Welding, Fabrication and Paintin' started by Nougat, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Nougat

Nougat New Member

I've got a Schwinn Landmark (Southport, Jaguar, all the same). I want springer forks. Can someone point me to what I need to buy? I'm sure I can install them, I just don't know how to pick ones that will fit. Black color preferred.

Edit: also, v-brake mounts. I see Spookytooth has a springer fork with v-brake mounts, is that what I'm looking for?

#1 Nougat, Mar 17, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  2. Venice Motor Bikes

Venice Motor Bikes Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

It looks like you've answered your own question... ;)

3. Nougat

Nougat New Member

Argh, $80 shipped, and I'm sure I'll need a new headset, too. That's not gonna happen for a while.

4. palmclub

palmclub New Member

im getting mine tomorrow for a schwinn racer [68]i,ll let you kmow how it goes if you want they were back ordered just made a new batch so,s now the time to order

5. Venice Motor Bikes

Venice Motor Bikes Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

Here's a hint... Look on ebay. ;)

6. Nougat

Nougat New Member

Only place I found on eBay doesn't appear to have ones with v-brake pegs. (You really gotta make this hard for me, huh? ;) )

7. RedB66

RedB66 New Member

You can order the one from spooky and if need be, the head tube pieces can be swapped out. At the bottom of this link they show the different sizes. They can be cut down if you find yours is too long, but if it's too short....it's to short!! Mount them on your bike first and then determine if they need to be cut. You may need to add spacers in order to keep the bolt and ring alingned properly.
    Fork

#7 RedB66, Mar 18, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2010