replacing the stupid kit throttle

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by rock out, Oct 14, 2013.

1. rock out

rock out New Member

2. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

As long as it will fit a 7/8" handlebar, which is standard for most bicycles, you're good to go. Tell us how it works out for you after you've tried it.

Tom

3. mew905

mew905 New Member

22mm is 7/8, looks like hes good to go :) not a bad find at all

4. KCvale

KCvale Well-Known Member

It all depends on what throttle cable you have as unlike every other cable on our motorized bicycles the throttle has a fitting on each end, which means you can't cut the cable and if the length can't be adjusted to give you what is needed on the barrel end (~1") it will be too tight artificially setting idle too high, or too loose so you have a bunch of slop in your throttle action.

Your does not come with a cable so you will have to use yours.
    SBP sales one with cable and options for like $19 here.
    http://www.sickbikeparts.com/catalo...ucts_id=169&osCsid=6gt61i7u4rkrjdo95dtgdpuff0

I've used a couple, they work nice and the pulley it refers to is in the handle.

5. Danschutz

Danschutz New Member

Newb alert question!

What is the best way to add a kill switch if you go with this throttle upgrade?

Dan.

6. Danschutz

Danschutz New Member

I've looked at this throttle. The ad says it works with NT and CNS carbs. I'm planning on running another rt carb. So I can use this throttle just need to replace the cable?

Thanks, Dan.

7. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

My vote would be for any good quality normally open momentary switch. Mount it so it can be easily reached while keeping your hands on the grips. But that's just me.

Tom

8. mapbike

mapbike Active Member

Sbp has a couple good handle bar mount kill switches, I bought one a couple weeks ago myself.

Map

9. rock out

rock out New Member

So I finally received the throttle a month later. Cable was to short as I feared but I decided to try and dremel off the elbow to give me a little bit more length it works but I thinks its a tinny bit to tight gonna order a cable. I should of just ordered from sbp. What should I rejet my nt speed cab ( the red cap one) im at 218m elevation

10. Huffydavidson

Huffydavidson STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER

Fred's high compression head for the compression release, there's a kill switch

11. CTripps

CTripps Active Member

At 218m (715 ft) elev., I wouldn't worry about rejetting your carb for now. Maybe play with the needle clip setting a bit if you need to. Remember, as it gets colder the density of the air increases so running it a bit rich over colder months will balance out.