Recyled recumbent

GoldenMotor.com

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO

the beginning of my recumbent build this will be slow going but hope to have it done mid next month .

right know its held together with some gorilla tape just to please the eye

loosely following recycled recumbent instructions and the rest it from cannonballs build (mostly cannonballs build)

i will hook up my 33cc gebe when im done with it .

this thing doesent need to be fast like my predator build this is solely for cruising .

heres the links

http://sites.google.com/site/recycledrecumbents/home

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=32036

back to the old garage still got a lot of grinding cutting measuring etc .

oh so names for it

jagerbomb ( it will be painted green )
the phoenix
Nebuchadnezzar

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO

just more pics of my cutting so i could see what it will look like .
bike will be about 12 inches longer than this .

still need to go buy(just waiting on payday )

1. EMT pipe
2.paint
3.seat fabric
4. 20 inch bike wheel .

the rest will come form the bikes themselves take two junker bikes and make one nice one .

the green bike actually was my first motorized bike powered by a dax 66cc beast . never knew why i held onto the thing as long as i did at least now it will get to live on in another bike .

almost forgot this man has some amazing pics and a good blog on his recumbent build alot of his pics answered some of my other questions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXnuWIclvIs&feature=channel&list=UL

http://jonsrecumbant.blogspot.com/

Last edited:

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO

i wish we had the stuff to braze this bike is comeing along realy nice we just welded it up so far the guys hands in the pic has acess to brazeing at work so im going to grind the welds down for know and work on the seat and when he can get into the shop hes gonna braze it up some .

the pink forks reminded me of cannonballs build still tinkering around with which fork to use . so far im only into this bike excluding pre existing GEBE kit 58 bucks most of that was for a pipe bender not to shabby i think .

should have the seat bent together tommorow fingers crossed . cannonball ur idea on the back forks from a full suspension have proved super usefull thats what i did little tricky to line up but we got it just right in the end .

still trying to figure out the handlebars and what i want for that .

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Looks great! Welding is good too. If you said Ive missed it, how are you going to power it? Have you checked the rake and trail yet-really important!

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
looks like another trail ripper to me... I'm sure when this is finished it will be a beast. I can't wait to see it in person.

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
its been a hot minute we started work on up her again last night over some brews .

little change were going with a 4 stroker gebe on this bad girl saveing my lil 2 smoker gebe for a dual 26 inch wheel biked .

mounts kit is in the mail and so is my new lil 35cc honda and a nice 12 gauge wheel for the back . my attempt at a seat was kinda a failure so im purchasing one from recycled recumbent .

brnot

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Keep us updated with this one...

I haven't talked to you in a minute. How are things down in the Springs? How's your preddy doin? Pay attention to the events section I'll be scheduling this years 1st big ride to be in the next few weeks. PM me and let me know what weekend you have off and I can try to schedule it for then so you and Shawn can make it up.

Keep in touch

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
springs are good looking to get a little riding in tomorrow .

the preddys doing good did a few trips downtown on her a few weeks ago.

talked to the man behind recycled recumbent he is a little backed up but should have a seat for me in the two weeks .

tomorrow i will post a pic of the temporary seat we made up .

we are both looking forward to a good ride with the gang up in denver his son should have a bike ready this summer to for a couple rides .

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO

not much today this is the temp seat got a set of front forks that are much nicer and already have breaks on them .

got surprise dad duty so bike was put on the back burner should have it painted up tomorrow at least

decided on going with a ez recumbent handlebar should arrive in 5 days

Last edited:

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
paint time

paint time today sanded all morning then rattle caned it up about three coats worth i figure should do it . and since this seat is a temp i figured i should rattle can it real quick to till my nice mesh one can come in right know were just waiting on the delivery man.

this weekend i will do the chain and breaks at this rate will have it all wraped in time for the next denver ride.

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
my lil power house engine came in today to much school work to realy play around with it all i also got my rear led light for this thing kinda need it since i will be ridieng it work .
so the led light is one found on amazon for 23 bones with a rechargeable battery heres a link. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006QQX3C4/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
the way to mount it according to the limited non English instruction is with these big rubber o rings so im going to use a piece of EMT pipe and some pipe clamps feel it will be much more reliable than the rubber o rings .
other than the odd mounting technique this light looks quite powerfull has 3 settings but even off theirs a led that glows in the back when its hooked up to the battery pack may attempt a small toggle switch from ace to keep this light and the battery separated until needed.
bike took to the paint nicely even that chair doesnt look half bad with a coat of rattle can . .wee. looks like the rest of the bike will come in on tuesday .

Last edited:

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
was able to finish the trailer and do some of the assembly of my golden eagle just enough to fill up the little Honda and see how she sounds this is one quiet little engine vibrations are non existent .

thought i would mention this the new GEBE mount is much thicker than on my 33cc tanaka i bought my old one used so i cant say when they made the change just wanted to share .

as long as the back wheel shows up soon we will have her flying down the road this weekend me and my local bike friend Shawn are getting together to finish mine and start his new 79 cc predator for his son .

so onto that big orange bag here it is .
pros .
1 can be used to keep items dry .
2. can be used for grocery getting .
3. high visibility .
4. fabric is a very thick rubber.

trailer back wheel is on shocks so it can handle the loads very easily and pivot side to side.

very tempting to place some 50 cal ammo cans on the side of the trailer for additional secure storage .

just ordered a slime thorn proof tire for the trailer i will not let the tube on this thing be my Achilles heal .

handle bars also arrived today

completely scraped a spare full suspension bike with all shimano pieces thicker than usual bike cables etc.

nothing else to do today but work on my school work bike should be done this weekend fed ex willing and at the very least before the next big Denver Ride

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGNKfTktilA

a quick little video had to change up the forks today or first attempt with the ones we had on would not work .

had to get some extra long bike cables for it . the bike shop sold them in just the right length . got the chain on just right handle bars tweaked just so waiting on the mailman for the rear wheel as you cant mount a GEBE without a rear wheel on

the one in the videos is extremely bent but works for short little test rides around the block . only used about 1 and half bike chains. dance1

excludeing front breaks it will be completely rideable tommrow morning.