Rear kickstand advice?

Discussion in 'Motorized Cruiser Bicycles' started by Nougat, May 13, 2010.

1. Nougat

Nougat New Member

Schwinn Landmark. I'm thinking about putting a SBP pipe on it, and realized I'd need a rear kickstand. But there's not a whole lot of room around the axle nut, because I've got fenders and a rack bolted up right there. I'm afraid a rear kickstand would interfere.

Has anyone used one of these Greenfield rear stands that attaches to the frame?

Greenfield SKS2B Kickstand

2. BarelyAWake

BarelyAWake New Member

I had one very similar on my mountain bike build, they're great and far more stable than you'd think. :)

It wasn't a problem even tho the rear axle on mine was very cluttered too, although you may find it needful to reshape the mount just a bit to fit your bike (tubing diameter/angle)... maybe not, but it's easy 'nuff anyway.

#2 BarelyAWake, May 13, 2010
    Last edited: May 13, 2010
  3. bluenosegoat

bluenosegoat New Member

I have that kick stand on my mountain bike and its very nice. Far more stable than any center kick stand I've had and what's nice is you can easily tilt the bike on it to get the rear tire off the ground for various reasons while tinkering. You wont be sorry on this one.

4. Pablo

Pablo Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor

So far we've only had one customer - just now - has interference with a rear kickstand (our adjustable one), and that was interfering with his coaster brake mounting point. Have not heard back yet.

5. oldtimer54

oldtimer54 Member

I bought that style kickstand from SBP for about $9.00 its a diffrent brand but same style and it rocks even has a shock. Love it! Thanks Pablo!!