Re intraduction

GoldenMotor.com

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
I'm back to the forum...my wife is supporting me this time...since I've sold my last few bikes and my latest got stolen...she is game...this time I got a few bucks to play with...not much we are still poor...I'm thinking of an e85powered high compression machine...why not...please don't reply with anti e85 bs... I already proved them wrong with a 200dollar car of mine...e85burns much cooler so high compression shouldn't be an issue with heat on the head or piston...what I'm looking for this time around is support and knowledge..if you can help me please do...

Ride fast...take chances!!!

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Welcome back and good luck. This is not negativity towards ethanol, just sharimg what my research on ethanol has told me. At a mixture of up to 20%, ethanol blended gasoline does burn cooler than straight gasoline. But at anything above 20%, it begins to burn hotter. Again, this is not negativity, just what I found in my own research. If you believe that E85 will work for you (and if you're lucky enough to have a 4 stroke engine with a cast iron sleeve and with the proper modifications, then you've probably got nothing to worry about), then I say good luck to you. And I mean that in all sincerity. You could be paving the way for many others who wish to find an alternative fuel source.

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
Why do you think that...show me some evidence...I've already worked this before in a 4stroke car...port injected with a cold start valve...I've seen chain saws run on ethanol before...don't sarcastically comment if you seriously haven't tried before...years ago I quit this forum because of the lack of creativity here...I'm hoping this will change...I'm toting with me some new knowledge of ethanol which I've learned from others and put into practice...please don't get me wrong but this site has been about bolt on with very few of its members really being willing to take a chance with new stuff and/or grinding the jug...no wussies...it's a really cheap motor...lets have fun

Ride fast...take chances!!!

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Dude, you are taking me totally the wrong way. Nothing that I said was intended to be sarcastic or negative in any way. When I said good luck, I meant it in a positive way. I am in no way telling you thay you cant or shouldnt do this. I honestly hope it works out for you. I was simply sharing what I had found in my research on ethanol and gasoline. I can not seem to find the web page where I read about higher blends of ethanol burning hotter, and its quite possible that its inaccurate. Its just what I found in my own personal research.