question about Bikeberry and or enginesonlineshop

GoldenMotor.com

samdallas214

Sep 1, 2012
Dallas Tx
I have never used either of these companies have anyone used ether of them and are they any good?
enginesonlineshop.com
bikeberry.com

Do they stand behind there product?
Do they have good customer service.

Also if anyone has a discount code for either site please please email it to me

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I have never used either of these companies have anyone used ether of them and are they any good?
enginesonlineshop.com
bikeberry.com

Do they stand behind there product?
Do they have good customer service.

Also if anyone has a discount code for either site please please email it to me
What kit are you going to buy from them?
If it is the 4 stroke kit don't do it.

samdallas214

Sep 1, 2012
Dallas Tx
I was going to get the 4 stroke kit from 1 of the 2 websites
Is there a reason I should not get the 4 stroke kit?
Maybe I should say what it will be used for.
Thank to a uninsured drunk driver I no longer have a car with no way of getting another one any time soon I need a way to get to and from the store and or bus stop both around 10- 12 miles away. Takes me 2-3 hours to walk
So all I need is a good kit that I will not be replacing in 6 months if not the 4 stroke what kit should I get? please your advice is greatly welcomed and needed and if a kit going to cost $500.00+ that far more than I have to spend witch is around $350.00 but less would be great to.
I tried the cheap 2 stroke did not like is.

nastygramus

Feb 25, 2011
NE illinois
use BB if you have plenty of time to wait THEY TAKE FOREVER TO SEND THERE SHIPMENTS OUT Dont believe order by 5 ships same day ! thats true if they mean same 5 days later ive had two different orders in the past few week take more than a few days ( more than 5 days ) to be sent and when I did get the first order Priory mail 12 days later im still waiting for the missing items so GOOD LUCK

BikeBerryJen

Engine Diva
Oct 25, 2012
SoCal
I was going to get the 4 stroke kit from 1 of the 2 websites
Is there a reason I should not get the 4 stroke kit?
Maybe I should say what it will be used for.
Thank to a uninsured drunk driver I no longer have a car with no way of getting another one any time soon I need a way to get to and from the store and or bus stop both around 10- 12 miles away. Takes me 2-3 hours to walk
So all I need is a good kit that I will not be replacing in 6 months if not the 4 stroke what kit should I get? please your advice is greatly welcomed and needed and if a kit going to cost $500.00+ that far more than I have to spend witch is around $350.00 but less would be great to.
I tried the cheap 2 stroke did not like is.
The advantage of a 4-Stroke over a 2-Stroke would be how long you can run the engine without stopping. Such as, where you would be riding for 15-20 on a 2-Stroke and have to take a rest to prevent overheating, on a 4-Stroke you would be able to go much longer because the engine can take more on at once. Another advantage for the 4-Stroke is there is no mixing of gas and oil which a lot of people find to be very nice because they can simply ride up to a gas station to fill up and then go on their merry way. You also would not have to peddle to start a 4-Stroke engine kit like you would a 2-Stroke because the 4-Strokes are Pull-Started. While the 4-Stoke is a 48cc engine kit and won't go as fast as a 2-Stroke, it is more durable and reliable over all. Especially for someone travelling as far as you are. I hope this helps! dnut

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
The advantage of a 4-Stroke over a 2-Stroke would be how long you can run the engine without stopping. Such as, where you would be riding for 15-20 on a 2-Stroke and have to take a rest to prevent overheating, on a 4-Stroke you would be able to go much longer because the engine can take more on at once. Another advantage for the 4-Stroke is there is no mixing of gas and oil which a lot of people find to be very nice because they can simply ride up to a gas station to fill up and then go on their merry way. You also would not have to peddle to start a 4-Stroke engine kit like you would a 2-Stroke because the 4-Strokes are Pull-Started. While the 4-Stoke is a 48cc engine kit and won't go as fast as a 2-Stroke, it is more durable and reliable over all. Especially for someone travelling as far as you are. I hope this helps! dnut
When you say riding 15-20, is that miles, minutes, hours???

JimSbike

Oct 11, 2012
Nor Cal
I have ordered two of the 4 stroke kits from enginesonlineshop.com. I received both kits within 4 days of ordering them. I believe they ship out of a wearhouse in Las Vegas.

The second kit that I ordered had the choke handle broken off of the carburetor. Rather than calling and trying to get them to do something about it I ordered the parts on ebay through boygofast and had the replacement parts in two days for only a few dollars. Overall I have been really happy with the 4 stroke kits.

Jim

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
That would be 15-20 minutes. Sorry about that!
I dont know where you are getting this info that a 2 stroke can only be operated for 15-20 minutes before overheating. I have driven 50 miles one way without stopping, taking 3 hours to get there, and driven the 50 miles back home later that same day. All that needed done when I got home was the head bolts needed re-torqued a bit.

BikeBerryJen

Engine Diva
Oct 25, 2012
SoCal
I dont know where you are getting this info that a 2 stroke can only be operated for 15-20 minutes before overheating. I have driven 50 miles one way without stopping, taking 3 hours to get there, and driven the 50 miles back home later that same day. All that needed done when I got home was the head bolts needed re-torqued a bit.
More experienced riders who are more comfortable with their engines typically can ride much longer. Due to the sensitive nature of a do-it-yourself kit, we recommend only going 15-20 minutes with a 2-Stroke for newer riders as an extra precaution. Especially during the break-in period. We normally advertise these kits for recreational use more than a means of transportation. But by all means, if you have the competency to demand more from your motor, more power to you!

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
The advantage of a 4-Stroke over a 2-Stroke would be how long you can run the engine without stopping. Such as, where you would be riding for 15-20 on a 2-Stroke and have to take a rest to prevent overheating, on a 4-Stroke you would be able to go much longer because the engine can take more on at once.
That would be 15-20 minutes. Sorry about that!
Your advice is one of the many fallacies about the
2 stroke Chinese bicycle motors.

The 2 stroke Chinese bicycle motors can be run for as long
as the gas tank lasts or how tough your backside is or how
big a bladder you have. :D
They do NOT need to be "rested" every 20 minutes so
they won't overheat.

Have you ever ridden a motorized bicycle or built one?
How long have you been working for Bikeberry?

Last edited:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
there is no excuse for your post motor bicycling racing. it was rude and you only quoted part of what jen said. here is the rest

More experienced riders who are more comfortable with their engines typically can ride much longer. Due to the sensitive nature of a do-it-yourself kit, we recommend only going 15-20 minutes with a 2-Stroke for newer riders as an extra precaution. Especially during the break-in period. We normally advertise these kits for recreational use more than a means of transportation. But by all means, if you have the competency to demand more from your motor, more power to you!

i personally think it is good advice for a new rider not to take of across country till they learn their bike and it is broke in and bugs worked out of it. bikeberry is doing educational video's to help their customers and trying to come to the forum to help people with new kits and answer questions and this is the welcome you give them. they do not have a huge ad in their signature like you trying to promote themselves. they are actually here to try to help people

samdallas214

Sep 1, 2012
Dallas Tx
BikeBerry.com(BB) has done nothing but good, I'm gad I ordered from them and love my 4 stroke kit. I would of love a Honda kit, I simple did not have the $600.00-$800.00 to go American made.
I have found it's better to call BB if you have a problem, if you can take a picture first email it to them and then call them.
BB can be a little slow on answering your email, but over all I'm a happy customer and will order from them again.
I have heard some bad things about then hoot transmission, that comes with BB's 4 stroke kits so when it does go out I'll replace it with a $140.00 Ebay torque converter, and I still will come out cheaper then a American made kit.
I had several questions and BB has help me ever time once spending almost 2 hours with me to get it fixed.
O by the way if there is a dealer that read this and can meet or beat EBay's price on a torque converter $140.00 total free shipping no tax's PM me. must take pay-pal. will not need it until the 6 month BB warranty runs out witch will be in about 4 months from 22 of November 2012

Last edited:

tbone7770

Dec 6, 2012
Dallas, Tx
bikeberry doesn't do quality control on what it ships out. there is bound to be something missing or needs to be replaced so you will have to ship parts back and forth until its correct and could take up to 4-6 weeks. the CDI is prone to have problems. the bikeberry site says that customer service will help you get the bike running but that is BS, they offer little or no troubleshooting over the phone, but they have recently put up some bikeberry troubleshooting videos on YouTube.

samdallas214

Sep 1, 2012
Dallas Tx
got my kit from Bikeberry, all I can say is how I was treated.
when I got my kit it had a bad carb, I called and a lady tried that mail the part to then and weight a week for them to test it BS.
I refused to accept that, and asked to speak to a supervisor, with in 5 minutes he agreed to just ship me a new carb out got it with in the week.
In a little over 2 mounts I have put a lot of miles on my kit over 600 with no problems,
Thanks to a uninsured drunk driver totaling my car and given me brain damage at the same time,thanks to him, I now have no car and I now have seizures.
because of the seizures, the state took my license away from me, so I use my 4 stroke kit to get around.

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
got my kit from Bikeberry, all I can say is how I was treated.
when I got my kit it had a bad carb, I called and a lady tried that mail the part to then and weight a week for them to test it BS.
I refused to accept that, and asked to speak to a supervisor, with in 5 minutes he agreed to just ship me a new carb out got it with in the week.
In a little over 2 mounts I have put a lot of miles on my kit over 600 with no problems,
Thanks to a uninsured drunk driver totaling my car and given me brain damage at the same time,thanks to him, I now have no car and I now have seizures.
because of the seizures, the state took my license away from me, so I use my 4 stroke kit to get around.

Thanks to bikeberry aka spookytooth got 185 miles easy use
Then snap
I’ve pretty much come to the conclusion that this is a vendor owned site
I hear all this good talk about bikeberry but put up a post on the current subject
Against them And watch how long your post last’s
My only problem with bikeberry is that they do have a BBB page and yet
Spookytooth is not mentioned, after almost a year of bugging them
You would think that after all that time they would have simply
Updated the BBB page instead of actively doing everything they can
To hide this fact, like hiring new employees to monitor spookytooth
And removing every bad mention, now I have talked to the BBB
And guess what I found out, no statute of limitations on filing a complaint
And they have emailed me several times wanting to know who this company is
They frown on being used that way, I really would not like to do that
because their BBB page would be revoked
Just trying to get the word out, but the more my posts are deleted
The more I’m leaning that way.
And I would really like to know how going after a company that is dishonest
a VENDETTA as paul puts it, when I got my money back?
And remember what’s the title of this thread
question about Bikeberry and or enginesonlineshop

Attachments

samdallas214

Sep 1, 2012
Dallas Tx
To me it is real simple if the same company owes the 2 different websites and 1 is good and 1 is bad then don't use the bad one.
You will find there are several companies from billion dollars companies to companies that might be worth as little as a few thousand dollars that are owned by the same person some are good so are bad. Suck it’s that way but in this world that is the way it is.
I would never use spookytooth, because of there bad reviews, regardless of who owns them.
It’s not the rich owner you have to deal with, it is the employees of the company, that is why I used Bikeberry and not spookytooth.
If you got ripped off at Thom Thumbs grocery store would you never shop at a Safeway's again, there owned by the same company, if a Sears store ripped you off would you never buy from K-Marts again, there owned by the same company?

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
To me it is real simple if the same company owes the 2 different websites and 1 is good and 1 is bad then don't use the bad one.
You will find there are several companies from billion dollars companies to companies that might be worth as little as a few thousand dollars that are owned by the same person some are good so are bad. Suck it’s that way but in this world that is the way it is.
I would never use spookytooth, because of there bad reviews, regardless of who owns them.
It’s not the rich owner you have to deal with, it is the employees of the company, that is why I used Bikeberry and not spookytooth.
If you got ripped off at Thom Thumbs grocery store would you never shop at a Safeway's again, there owned by the same company, if a Sears store ripped you off would you never buy from K-Marts again, there owned by the same company?
First off I plan on using neither ever again but my point, which seems to
completely elude you, is why would you own 2 companies one with a BBB page
the other hidden from sight and when your called them on it, they do a bunch of tap dancing instead of addressing the issue and yes I know many of these
companies wear more than one hat like gasbike but they don't hold up a BBB
page to show you how honest they are.
besides what would be the point of having a BBB page with multiple companies
listed and yet not mentioning this other company you own?(spookytooth)

the only reasons I can think of to do that are dishonest ones!
oh and by the way why are you yelling in text?

samdallas214

Sep 1, 2012
Dallas Tx
First let me start by saying I'm not yelling, I disabled and only have partial use of my left hand, for that reason I use a type as you speak software, it work better to use there home page and then cut and past to this form, sometimes it can post the font a little different, why? beats the sh!+ out of me.
Most the time I can fix it, sometime it just will not fix it, again why BTSOOM, I have tried and tried and ever time I thank it is fixed I found out it is not.

Now I understand what you are saying about the BBB and yes they should have both companies a member. And yes spookytooth suck and the owner can care less, and sell his BB junk there

It's sad to say but owner of these company from the biggest to the smallest, cares about only 1 thing money,
If one make them money buy halfway caring abut there customers and repeat customers, great on the other hand, if the other company can make money by not caring about there customer that is fine to, as long as it makes money is all the owner care.

All the MB companies seem to have this attitude, you would be shocked to find out how many of the MB companies that do care about repeat business, will have a brother sister wife and so on ,own another MB company that does not care, just to sell there junk from the good store.
Or at least all the china girl vendors seems to have the same out look.
Of course there are far more vendors that simple does not care once they got your money. It suck but its just that way. Maybe there will be a change someday. LOL

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
First let me start by saying I'm not yelling, I disabled and only have partial use of my left hand, for that reason I use a type as you speak software, it work better to use there home page and then cut and past to this form, sometimes it can post the font a little different, why? beats the sh!+ out of me.
Most the time I can fix it, sometime it just will not fix it, again why BTSOOM, I have tried and tried and ever time I thank it is fixed I found out it is not.

Now I understand what you are saying about the BBB and yes they should have both companies a member. And yes spookytooth suck and the owner can care less, and sell his BB junk there

It's sad to say but owner of these company from the biggest to the smallest, cares about only 1 thing money,
If one make them money buy halfway caring abut there customers and repeat customers, great on the other hand, if the other company can make money by not caring about there customer that is fine to, as long as it makes money is all the owner care.

All the MB companies seem to have this attitude, you would be shocked to find out how many of the MB companies that do care about repeat business, will have a brother sister wife and so on ,own another MB company that does not care, just to sell there junk from the good store.
Or at least all the china girl vendors seems to have the same out look.
Of course there are far more vendors that simple does not care once they got your money. It suck but its just that way. Maybe there will be a change someday. LOL
I hear exactly what your saying and sorry about the software issue
and you are right, exactly so. that's the reason I post, hey I got my money
back and got to keep engine that pesky no transport clause works both ways
:) and it won't change until enough people scream then they'll change
or go out of business
and I've never said anything but good about the other vendors I've used
but none of them try to hide behind a BBB page, That's my whole point in a
nutshell is jack lin owner of both Hiding behind a BBB page, makes
one think????? lol