Project plans (Unnamed)

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by ratman150, Feb 24, 2014.

1. ratman150

ratman150 New Member

First off, sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I may have just lost my girlfriend, which is crushing....I don't have the money to build another insane computer so I am going to build an insane bike.

Planning something along these lines.
    Trike conversion (example http://www.pistonbikes.com/Motorized-Trike-Conversion-Kit-p/mtck.htm *might hand make*)

Four stroke conversion (depends on if I can find an engine that doesn't look like a lawnmower + has a standard clutch)

Hand built transmission (might not happen with a trike)

High performance custom made expansion chamber (still researching acoustics, which I have a basic knowledge of.)

If I really can't patch things up I will be:

Rolling my own coil
    Making my own CDI (solid state programmotorized bicyclele probably with profiles you can upload/download to my website)
    High compression dual or triple ignition head (might make this by hand)
    Rebuilt bottom end
    Forged pistons
    Forged exhaust (don't ask...)
    A ton of other things that I am still researching.

I also plan on it being stupidly fast but able to be cruised normally.

Details will be added and changed as I decide on how I will build this. This will (granted I actually start this) also host the pictures and build logs.

Target speed 50+
    Insane speed 70+

Actual goal: Give a two stroke the ability to start off the line without pedals, and make it a simple mod. The rest is optional.

Edit 2
    For some reason when I type "program"able it changes it to two different words.

***Update***

Project name: Blue Meanie (Beatles reference)

Parts list so far
    F80 TYPE D Gen IV R (DAX)
    Torker II (Arrow)
    Chain Tensioner - Left Side (Sick bike parts)
    Portland Design Works Danger Zone Tail Light (Amazon)
    SecurityIng® 4 Modes Waterproof 2800 Lumens Cree XM-L U2 LED Bicycle Light (Amazon)
    3/8th 24TPI nut (Ebay) *Update tractor supply has these for 99 cents and they are nylock :)
    Maybe a helmet (Thanks mom :p) freebie.
    ....Due to JNM being out of stock the jaguar is not on this list Q.Q
    I think I got everything on the list.

Total (thus far on this list) 262.24
    Update managed to save some money 258.57$

#1 ratman150, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  2. Theon

Theon New Member

Shift kit and pull start is the go for no pedal starts.
    But a basic tuned up HT will take off from stop once running without peddles and get you to 40Mph with the right sprocket.
    I find 80 Kph (50 Mph) fast enough on a push bike.

3. KCvale

KCvale Well-Known Member

I hope you are talking KPH and not MPH as even 30MPH on a single wheel drive is beyond stupid.
    Have you ever even rode a trike with power?
    I have build some electric trike shifters and unless you are talking talking some kind of He||'s Angels size road trike with posi-trac differential the second your front wheel leaves the road you will go into a wind spin, especially if your silly overkill gas engine is in back.

Just a tip. Take it or leave it.

4. Theon

Theon New Member

I missed the Trike bit,
    Yeah be careful.

5. Earbiter

Earbiter New Member

QUOTE: Four stroke conversion (depends on if I can find an engine that doesn't look like a lawnmower + has a standard clutch)

Hand built transmission (might not happen with a trike)

High performance custom made expansion chamber (still researching acoustics, which I have a basic knowledge of.)

If I really can't patch things up I will be:

Rolling my own coil
    Making my own CDI (solid state programmotorized bicyclele probably with profiles you can upload/download to my website)
    High compression dual or triple ignition head (might make this by hand)
    Rebuilt bottom end
    Forged pistons
    Forged exhaust (don't ask...)
    A ton of other things that I am still researching.

ummm... never really heard of anyone using an expansion chamber on a 4 stroke, im pretty sure its a useless mod.

6. ratman150

ratman150 New Member

To clarify, that is only if I stick with the 2 smoke.

7. ratman150

ratman150 New Member

As for the trike safety, camber the wheels...

8. racie35

racie35 Active Member

camber wont stop that Ratman.....theres alot more to it anda differential either on the shaft or drives to the wheels like a simplex truck is almost mandatory.
    we are currently starting two simplex truck builds(trikes) and I'll start a thread with pics soon. you'll get some ideas I think.

9. KCvale

KCvale Well-Known Member

(sigh) Best of luck and I hope you live past the test ride because as far as your intentions have been said you are trying to build a death machine.

10. MopedLover

MopedLover New Member

70mph on a bike, lol i don't think most bikes are built to handle that much vibration and torque. Your tires might wear out really fast and make the tube blow out.

I built a 66cc two stroke build once on a cheap mountain bike and put on a SBP expansion chamber and all the low end torque stuff on it. I think i spent more time fixing the bike than riding it because too much power loosened up almost every bolt.

I later built a 49cc with a smaller sprocket. I had to pedal it up to about 6 mph before i pull on the throttle but it was quieter because smaller sprocket gave me lower RPM.

11. MopedLover

MopedLover New Member

Actually this can be really easily done without doping out your motor into a death machine. Just get a centrifugal clutch/pull start/foot peg set for two stroke motors from bikeberry

12. ratman150

ratman150 New Member

Oh believe me I plan on adding a proper diff and stuff..the trike isn't 100% for sure due to cost but I might.

13. ratman150

ratman150 New Member

As for a centrifugal clutch..not a fan of those.