Problems

GoldenMotor.com

Stu

Sep 12, 2018
Hi I have a 2 stroke 80cc motorized bike. I recently ordered a HP carb as I got fed up of the stock NT. After installing the HP carb the bike would not idle and stayed on full throttle so I adjusted the idle screw and it made a massive super loud hiss noise mean like a bus compressor oh and it sprayed me in black oil. I crapped myself n said oh no! Checked piston it looked fine checked clutch and adjusted it no probs there. Started it up and it idled but had a nasty squeak like a bird chirping. Revved it up and it didn't sound right I don't know what blew or what the HISS was but after starting it just made a very quiet tick noise on idle nothing like how it use to sound. I am still trying to figure out what has gone wrong is there anything damaged? where is the damage? Exhaust fine Piston fine gaskets in tack. Does my problem go deeper down? If anyone can shine a light on this very strange event then I am grateful.
PS running it at 32:1 Ratio

Last edited:

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
can't figure out what you're trying to say

squeaks can be lack of grease on bucking bar or small bevel gear or chain rubbing inside drive cover

if problem started when HP carb was put on, then put NT carb back on and see what happens

Stu

Sep 12, 2018
Thanks mate was very worried about what happened. Still not sure if engine is ok got a new piston n rings coming just to be on safe side..

kaneto

Jun 6, 2016
Bulgaria
Hi I have a 2 stroke 80cc motorized bike. I recently ordered a HP carb as I got fed up of the stock NT. After installing the HP carb the bike would not idle and stayed on full throttle so I adjusted the idle screw and it made a massive super loud hiss noise mean like a bus compressor oh and it sprayed me in black oil. I crapped myself n said oh no! Checked piston it looked fine checked clutch and adjusted it no probs there. Started it up and it idled but had a nasty squeak like a bird chirping. Revved it up and it didn't sound right I don't know what blew or what the HISS was but after starting it just made a very quiet tick noise on idle nothing like how it use to sound. I am still trying to figure out what has gone wrong is there anything damaged? where is the damage? Exhaust fine Piston fine gaskets in tack. Does my problem go deeper down? If anyone can shine a light on this very strange event then I am grateful.
PS running it at 32:1 Ratio
From where did it sprayed the oil and when (when you tried to start it or it was already runing)?

Stu

Sep 12, 2018
The carb was a racing carb. The engine was revving to high and I adjusted the idle screw it made a massive hiss and sprayed oil out at me when it was running. I have since rebuilt my engine and flushed out all the crap from the exhaust. I now run her on my NT carb with no issues and she sounds great. Thanks for your reply though mate.

simonbauman

Mar 1, 2019
The carb was a racing carb. The engine was revving to high and I adjusted the idle screw it made a massive hiss and sprayed oil out at me when it was running. I have since rebuilt my engine and flushed out all the crap from the exhaust. I now run her on my NT carb with no issues and she sounds great. Thanks for your reply though mate.
so it is all good now