Problems with new kit...

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by Redpx, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Nougat

Nougat New Member

Nope. Just connect one of the kill switch wires into the blue, and the other into the black. Cap the white wire so it doesn't connect to anything.

2. Redpx

Redpx New Member

Ok so I got it to idle. The air fuel mix screw is the only thing I got to work with and I think changing the way I had the kill switch and cdi wires helped some how because I could not get it to idle before. I am still lacking power. It kinda jerks when I give it gas. When I brought it in I took out the plug and it was wet and black. Some of this could have been from yesterday too. Can I just clean it off or should I get another plug. I think at this point its a combo of the plug and the carb. As I said my NT carb should be here on the 8th. Til then I can't help but to fidle with it. I do computers never really worked on a motor much. Also just to be sure on my mixture, I poored 8 oz of Gum out 2 cycle oil in 1 and 1/2 Gallons of gas. I use unleaded and no anything with ethanol right? By the way thx for the wiring info!

#22 Redpx, Sep 6, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  3. Nougat

Nougat New Member

4. Redpx

Redpx New Member

Ok so, I also noticed that I had gas in my airfilter tube. Is this normal? I read this thread. I too have a hair line fracture right above my idle screw going almost all the way to the airfilter. I noticed it when I first got the the carb. I was unable to work with it with in the first 48 hours to let gasbike know about the crack. I work two jobs. I also thought that such a small crack probably didn't go all the way through the metal. My crack looks just like the crack in MarcPhotoMan's post. I his pic in this post. I will take a pic of my crack tomorrow. Do you think such a crack could cause my bike to run as crappy as it is as in lack of power?

Attached Files:

5. Nougat

Nougat New Member

Yes, a little bit of fuel spitting back to the air filter is normal. There's no reed valve on the motors. If it's really a lot, running like a faucet, then you've got a float or needle valve problem, letting too much gas in. But a little is expected.

That crack might give you trouble. Some gasoline resistant sealer on it wouldn't hurt.

6. Redpx

Redpx New Member

Well I got my new carb! Replaced my spark plug. I gapped the new one at .025, and put on the new carb. It fired right up. It idles fine and has the power now that it was lacking. Just one thing left for me to do. I have 29 inch tires. I need to change my gear ratio and I don't know anything about it. Can some one shoot me a link to a good tutorial or maybe just tell me how to change the gear ratio of my bike.
    .shft. Don't I just have to turn a screw to keep it from bogging down uphill?

#26 Redpx, Sep 12, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  7. Nougat

Nougat New Member

In order of expense, lowest to highest:

You can get a rear sprocket with more teeth. This will give you more torque, less high end. If you haven't yet added an expansion pipe exhaust, and plan to keep on with this bike for a while, do that. You'll get the more power you're looking for, and probably get more top speed out of it. Lastly, a shift kit to transfer the drive power over to the pedal chain, so that you can take advantage of the multiple pedal speeds.

8. Redpx

Redpx New Member

Nice. I mainly order from gasbike.net and thatsdax. Do you got some recommendations for the shift kit and the muffler. I didnt see a shift kit on gasbike or thatsdax. Ill look again, but I would like a recommendation from some one who has used them.