Problem With Clutch

GoldenMotor.com

ezdoesit

Jun 17, 2010
Michigan
Hi all, I'm fairly new to this Forum. I have a 80cc motor on a Scwinn Mountain Bike. The motor is brand new, I bought it almost 2 years ago and I haven't ridin it yet. I haven't even started the motor up yet. I couldn't get the rear sprocket straight and I got frustrated and put it on the back burner until I found this MB forum. When I joined and posted my intro, I happen to mention about my rear sprocket and one of the members here replied and told me how fix it and it worked but I didn't mention about my Clutch problem. When I pull in the Clutch level, it is really hard to pull in. When I pull back and click it in, I push the bike forward and it don't move, then I pull the clutch level in more and then the bike moves forward. What can I do to fix this problem. I appreciate all that you can do for me. Maybe after almost 2 years, I'll finally get to start it up and ride it. Thanks.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
HI,,The clutch cable needs th be straight in line to the cluthh arm,,,,it can have gental curves ,NO kinks,,,,,The clutch arm needs to have no more free play than a pincile lead thickness,,,how many miles are on it now?

Mr D

May 24, 2010
fresno ca
Hey EZ.

I am by no means an expert. As I am still working on my first build. I can say however, that these clutch cables are really stiff. (I was very surprised at how much so) Mine got slightly better after using white grease on it and putting it back into the cover/sleeve. Keep in mind there is a "range" of movement needed to make it work. You'll have to find that range.

On mine it attached it, tried it. About 6 times before finding the ideal spot. Then I took a marker and marked the cable on sides of attachment point so I could easily find it again when needed.