Poo Poo Pipe??

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by zachattack, Jan 16, 2011.

1. zachattack

zachattack New Member

ok i been wondering what is the poo poo pipe does it add performance and is it better then the expansion chamber just wondering thanks

Attached Files:

2. BarelyAWake

BarelyAWake New Member

No - if anything their would be a slight reduction in performance over stock due to increased & untuned back pressure - it is however one of the quietest commercially available exhaust systems.

A proper expansion chamber is the only exhaust choice that provides a performance gain on a two stroke :)

#2 BarelyAWake, Jan 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  3. zachattack

zachattack New Member

thanks for the info i was wondering cuz the site dosnt say a single thing about it

4. Nashville Kat

Nashville Kat Active Member

I use one and don't think there's any loss of power- and they are considerably quieter- the muffler section on mine is half again the length of the standard kit pipe,

It's sorta really an expansion pipe in that sense.

it does add a little bit of weight, which is not good in a second floor apartment.

I had to cut and extend mine- the ones that are supposed to go on top of the bottom bracket are difficult to fit.

5. Schwinn the Fox

Schwinn the Fox New Member

6. Nashville Kat

Nashville Kat Active Member

Not sure there's enough of the top pipe for this now- I used the old pipe I think-

but you can extend the pipe with cut up aluminum can material- cut up, a big can wraps a couple of widths this size-

clamp the extension top and bottom with worm hose clamps- I use two at each end and I covered the can aluminum with Chrome tape from the auto store-

doesn't look too bad, but doesn't come apart-

Yes- the pipe would fit very very very few bikes running over the bottom bracket and between the cranks- have to cut and run under-

flexible electrical conduit may make a good extension too.

my back muffler part was not as long and the welding really wasn't as bad

Attached Files: