Panama Jack Huffy Beach Cruiser

Discussion in 'Motorized Cruiser Bicycles' started by Archduke Chocula, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Archduke Chocula

Archduke Chocula New Member

I just bought a new 26" Panama Jack Huffy Beach Cruiser today at wally world. In my opinion its a beautiful looking bicycle, I just hope it can hold up with 66cc 2-stroke attached! It has flat black paint (pre-scraped by wallmart employees! awesome bonus there) Black rims and spokes, black fenders, white wall tires, wood accents on the frame and rear rack, and cork handles (one of which broke in half after wind knocked it over). I took off the palm tree and huffy stickers, the leather carrying bag and cup holder. I may re-attach the leather bag later to carry tools.

I have yet to order an engine, the bike was to come first. I'm still debating a grubee, or a black flying horse 66cc engine. Anyway, onto the pictures!

Attached Files:

2. Archduke Chocula

More pictures! Also, sorry about the quality, the only camera I own is my cell phone :(

Attached Files:

3. Archduke Chocula

Can a mod move this to the cruiser section please? My mistake placing it in the stretched/choppers section.

4. BarelyAWake

BarelyAWake New Member

Done :)

BTW - near as I can tell the Grubee and the Flying Horse are identical, vendor reputation is the important bit in case there's shipping damage or w/e.

Welcome to the addiction :D

5. Archduke Chocula

Thank you BarelyAWake.

I guess I will go with the black flying horse. The black should go nicely with my new bike.

brnot -Everett

6. locell

locell New Member

i thought panama jack was a sunscreen

7. Archduke Chocula

Panama jack makes beach wear and accessories, so they partnered with huffy to make a beach cruiser. Other than that, there is no information available online about this bike... not even a picture.

8. Birddog1148

Birddog1148 New Member

Huffy - Panama Jack 26" Men's Cruiser

9. dvddtz

dvddtz New Member

Heres one Im building for a customer,They do look good with a motor.I will post more pics when I finish. [​IMG]

10. Archduke Chocula

That doesnt look half bad. I've already removed the silly huffy and palm tree stickers. I'm also thinking of painting the wood either black or white to match the bike. A black motor and a custom gas tank and it should look pretty great! Just waiting on the engine to arrive (just ordered it today).

Have you encountered any problems with the build so far? Chain rubbing the fenders? Also whose kit are you using?

#10 Archduke Chocula, May 9, 2010
    Last edited: May 9, 2010
  11. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

dvddtz,
    I'm not too sure about that circular saw/ friction drive set up. You're gonna need a very long extension cord :)
    Tom

12. dvddtz

dvddtz New Member

Very good 2door,LOL.I know I have a little cleaning to do.And its a Dax 48cc and the coaster brake was the biggest pain so far,it has to be bent in 2 different spots to clear the sprocket bolts and lign up with the chain stay and either make or buy a large front tube adapter.Even after 14 builds,not one, was the same as another,which is good,they all have had their own challenges to overcome,keeps it interesting.

13. dvddtz

dvddtz New Member

Heres the finished product. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. T Rock

T Rock New Member

I just built a Panama Jack bike this weekend and it came out pretty good. I dropped the panama jack emblem under the gas tank, might paint it and reinstall it in the future

15. T Rock

T Rock New Member

This is the build that I completed this weekend. You will want to trash that seat that with the bike, its garbage, the seat rails bend like they are made out of rubber! I also painted the tank flat black to match the rest of the bike and the rear sprocket.

Attached Files:

#15 T Rock, May 9, 2010
    Last edited: May 18, 2010
  16. T Rock

T Rock New Member

Did you know that there is a bottle opener on the right side of the fork leg, what the ****?

17. CoastalCruiser

CoastalCruiser New Member

GasBikes told me the Grubee was a much better kit than the Flying Horse. I ordered the Flying Horse but they were out so they "upgraded" my order to the Skyhawk.

18. T Rock

T Rock New Member

Im also putting a side pull brake on the front, the coaster brake is not that good for stopping.

19. Birddog1148

Birddog1148 New Member

And a drink holder! Since I dont drink alcohol anymore I would have to use it for Jones Soda!laff

20. T Rock

T Rock New Member

Yea the drink holder is very handy on those long cruizes, or it could hold a bottle of some spare gas...lol